D + D sub-mod Watch

This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
What's the point of having a poll to select a moderator if two of the major canditates are excluded because (presumably) the boss personally dislikes the candidates? Why not just forget it and just have A nominate someone he likes? :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, A appears incapable, thus ickle_katy now assumes the admin role of selection with wirwarin mir as poll organiser. The fact that ickle_katy is openly biased, holds dislike for certain candidates, disregards them without explanation and is not even admin, appears to have not flustered the poll organiser who is also on the poll, haha.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
Unfortunately, A appears incapable, thus ickle_katy now assumes the admin rule of selection with wirwarin mir as poll organiser. The fact that ickle_katy is openly biased, holds dislike for certain candidates, disregards them without explanation and is not even admin, appears to have not flustered the poll organiser who is also on the poll, haha.
Who made ickle katy President of the Republic of UKL?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The poll organiser, and then A. Although to be fair, A didnt say you were disqualified, that is just the poll organiser and ickle_katy. I wouldnt question it, otherwise apparently you dont trust the mods and thus are ineligible. Seeing as Ive abandoned this idea I would expect them to go back on this any second now, so Im sure you will be reinstated. I will be sentenced for questioning authority and hung.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we'll be having that of that thanks!

prime minister and constitutional monarchies please :p:
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The poll organiser, and then A.
Well, I thought moderators were supposed to be impartial. If what I'm being told is true then it seems that some people should do the honorable thing and resign their post.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
we'll be having that of that thanks!

prime minister and constitutional monarchies please :p:
No. This is a full blown banana republic.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The poll organiser, and then A. Although to be fair, A didnt say you were disqualified, that is just the poll organiser and ickle_katy. I wouldnt question it, otherwise apparently you dont trust the mods and thus are ineligible. Seeing as Ive abandoned this idea I would expect them to go back on this any second now, so Im sure you will be reinstated. I will be sentenced for questioning authority and hung.
This poll and thread was organised because it is the best way to guage th oppinion of people on D and D. I personally can't think of a better way so why get at Wirwarin_mir for starting the thread?
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What is my way? I was also unaware I was preventing anyone else from acting as they see fit.

And the fabrication starts.....
If you wish to bring legitimate comments to my opinion, please have the good grace to read what you are commenting on.
Your way, let's see...
Originally it was for you to be mod. Since that obviously wasn't going to happen it was your way to have someone in your clique appointed. Since that didn't happen, there just shouldn't be another mod. It is really childish for you to state that you will not have any dealings with the new mod.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
This poll and thread was organised because it is the best way to guage th oppinion of people on D and D. I personally can't think of a better way so why get at Wirwarin_mir for starting the thread?
Get at? Im describing events.
In case you werent aware this is the third thread of this kind. The opinion of D+D was already well known before katy suggested a second mod, disqualified me and Howard and then decided to pay attention with this being carried along by a handful of people/nominees.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Moncal)
Your way, let's see...
Originally it was for you to be mod. Since that obviously wasn't going to happen it was your way to have someone in your clique appointed.
Since that didn't happen, there just shouldn't be another mod.
At what point has this all occured? After Corey was appointed I criticised the process profusely, I still do. I never supported a second moderator. Where have I had the opportunity to change my mind or support a member of the clique that you appear to be in?

It is really childish for you to state that you will not have any dealings with the new mod.
Why? Youre willing to have a go at me, but you dont actually tell me on what basis.
Douglas
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
A has not been around all that long, therefore it is quite accpetable to assume he will ask the advice of the mods on member issues, therefore he will support their decisions.
Yeah but wiwarin_mir, that doesn't answer the question. I thought I heard Katie say that A didn't want Vienna and Howard.

It sounds like Katie told A that she (perhaps others) do not want Vienna or Howard, thus, A goes along with it.

As I said before, Vienna is the target, and Howard is the collateral damage, in spite of his winning of the "debate" award.
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Get at? Im describing events.
In case you werent aware this is the third thread of this kind. The opinion of D+D was already well know, before katy suggested a second mod and this was being carried along by a handful of people/nominees.
I am aware that there are other threads but this thread is informing people that there will be a second mod and also allowing them to state there oppinions. Different situation and so a different thread
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
At what point has this all occured? After Corey was appointed I criticised the process profusely, I still do. I never supported a second moderator. Where have I had the opportunity to change my mind or support a member of the clique that you appear to be in?

Why? Youre willing to have a go at me, but you dont actually tell me on what basis.
Vienna, it was pretty obvious in the other threads that you would never be a mod, so you started suggesting people who are in your group. I am not and never have been in your clique.

I'm having a go at you because you are being a troll. Why can't you just let this go on without having to criticise every twist and turn of it? It is in the best interest of D+D to have a moderator that the members know. It doesn't matter if you feels this undermines Corey's position as moderator. I'm sure he understands. I doesn't matter if the mods answer the questions or if A answers them. A doesn't have time to answer questions. The mods have run this forum themselves for almost as long as I've been a member. An admin was almost never involved, yet now this is a problem when choosing mods is an issue. The admin has to choose the mod even though it is really the mods that run this place.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
I am aware that there are other threads but this thread is informing people that there will be a second mod and also allowing them to state there oppinions. Different situation and so a different thread
This thread was started with no recognition whatsoever, up until about 2 hours ago. If A said choose a second mod, it would have been appropriate. In this case, it undermined our complaints, undermined A's decision to appoint Corey and smacks of opportunism on the back of farce.

What was your original point?
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Douglas)
Yeah but wiwarin_mir, that doesn't answer the question. I thought I heard Katie say that A didn't want Vienna and Howard.

It sounds like Katie told A that she (perhaps others) do not want Vienna or Howard, thus, A goes along with it.

As I said before, Vienna is the target, and Howard is the collateral damage, in spite of his winning of the "debate" award.
Does it matter whether it is A that doesn't want vienna or howard or if it is the mods that don't want them? Either way they don't become mods.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Douglas)

I do not have these answers, I am just commenting on what I am aware of (which is limited to be fair).
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Vienna, it was pretty obvious in the other threads that you would never be a mod, so you started suggesting people who are in your group. I am not and never have been in your clique.
Hehe, this is new! My group? D+D is my group. I suggested a range of people incl Speciez and Kondar both who give me very little on the D+D threads. I happen to believe they are objective and level headed.

I'm having a go at you because you are being a troll.
Um, no.

Why can't you just let this go on without having to criticise every twist and turn of it?
Its a forum. Ill post whenever I like. You know where the door is if that upsets you.

It is in the best interest of D+D to have a moderator that the members know.
My original criticism.

It doesn't matter if you feels this undermines Corey's position as moderator.
oh really. Im afraid that is a very worrying statement from someone who considers themselves to be a prospective moderator, and one that would have to work with Corey!

The admin has to choose the mod even though it is really the mods that run this place.
Exactly. A has to choose the mods and deal with that as a bare minimum. I dont want a live one on one chat with the guy, I want him to take his responsibilities in hand. If he doesnt have time then it doesnt get done.
You are clearly disregarding all of the other pertinent questions, presumably because like wirwarin mir, you believe it to be in your interest to get this poll going. I dont see a great deal of support coming from any other areas of the forum, much less its more respected members.
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This thread was started with no recognition whatsoever, up until about 2 hours ago. If A said choose a second mod, it would have been appropriate. In this case, it undermined our complaints, undermined A's decision to appoint Corey and smacks of opportunism on the back of farce.

What was your original point?
That you should stop picking on Wiwarin_mir for starting this thread when all that they were trying to do was bring some orgnistation and inform people of what was going on.
an Siarach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Moncal im surprised that someone who is around d&d quite often would come out with such blatant bloody nonsense. Are you seriously saying that im part of a vienna clique? From what i recall of the others she nominated none were particularly friendly and several (myself included) are usually opponents of hers in d&d.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Does it matter whether it is A that doesn't want vienna or howard or if it is the mods that don't want them? Either way they don't become mods.
Again, you clearly demonstrate a lack in principle and logical faculties. If one moderator dislikes a candidate and yet takes an ADMINSTRATION decision, you dont see the problem. Howard should be instated until the ADMINSTRATION says otherwise.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (89)
19.96%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (180)
40.36%
Nope, not that interesting (177)
39.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed