The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Moncal
I didn't become a subscriber until like 3 months ago. And I don't rep*****.

Then i retract the accusation. Those who tend to post nonsense about d&d/vienna cliques tend to be members who were part of that clique thus the misunderstanding.
Reply 441
Speciez99
D&D clique:
This mythical group can be wandering round on http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/ where they all suposedly worship the God vienna95, along with the pink flying elephants, unicorns and giants.

Seriously get real!! It doesn't exist. There are regular users of d&d who all have a wide range of views and argue verimently with each other. To suggest that in some way people who have supported her are under her control or part of her clique is offensive as it suggests those users cannot think for themselves.

As flattering as that would be, I agree. Ironically, those supposedly in my clique are among the most free thinking individuals on the forum.
Reply 442
wiwarin_mir
Technik was referring to a post made by me that summed up was something along the vienna likes moaning about things.

no...YOU are referring to YOUR comment in the thread entitled Complainers...

i am referring to "cliques" and that the only i feel exists (from my knowledge) is the huge moaning thread in which many people have "aired" their views in the private domain away from prying eyes :smile:
Reply 443
Speciez99
D&D clique:
This mythical group can be wandering round on http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/ where they all suposedly worship the God vienna95, along with the pink flying elephants, unicorns and giants.

Seriously get real!! It doesn't exist. There are regular users of d&d who all have a wide range of views and argue verimently with each other. To suggest that in some way people who have supported her are under her control or part of her clique is offensive as it suggests those users cannot think for themselves.

The term clique must mean something entirely different in America than it does in the UK.

I meant clique as in the group that vienna did or does discuss the running of d+d with.
Speciez99
D&D clique:

Generally there are two groups relevant to this topic. Those who dont let personal dislikes get in the way of judgement and those whos hatred of vienna leads to them badmouthing d&d non stop. Those closest to resembling a clique are the latter group.
Reply 445
technik
no...YOU are referring to YOUR comment in the thread entitled Complainers...

i am referring to "cliques" and that the only i feel exists (from my knowledge) is the huge moaning thread in which many people have "aired" their views in the private domain away from prying eyes :smile:

Read through the moaning thread, a large part of it is merely chit-chat and then there is the moaning that is not related to any members at all.
Reply 446
Moncal
The term clique must mean something entirely different in America than it does in the UK.

I meant clique as in the group that vienna did or does discuss the running of d+d with.

It appears irrelevant on whether I am mod or not, Im supposedly running this place anyway.
Given that this thread is going nowhere it's going to be locked overnight to allow people to calm down and gain a little perspective.

If anyone has any objections to this thread being closed temporarily then please voice them now.
Reply 448
wiwarin_mir
Read through the moaning thread, a large part of it is merely chit-chat and then there is the moaning that is not related to any members at all.

Dont worry, ill inform technik of the necessary details.
Reply 449
vienna95
It appears irrelevant on whether I am mod or not, Im supposedly running this place anyway.

That's how it's always looked to me. That's the reason I supported you for D+D mod.
Reply 450
PQ
Given that this thread is going nowhere it's going to be locked overnight to allow people to calm down and gain a little perspective.

If anyone has any objections to this thread being closed temporarily then please voice them now.

ahh, the thought police when it was getting a little implicating
Reply 451
PQ

I say close the thread and start a poll.
Reply 452
wiwarin_mir

indeed but theres substantial slagging off included within its 18000 odd replies...
PQ

yes it distracting me from revision ....... doh
Reply 454
Moncal
That's how it's always looked to me. That's the reason I supported you for D+D mod.

Thanks, i appreciate it. Im battling against a mindless minority.
Reply 455
I was going to lock it soon anyway, but please, go ahead PQ, it will save me the bother.
Reply 456
wiwarin_mir
I was going to lock it soon anyway, but please, go ahead PQ, it will save me the bother.

where is corey?

yes, i have an objection. free speech.
Reply 457
wiwarin_mir
I did not even start this thread for personal promotion, it has already been clarified that I made no comment about wishing to be considered or promoting myself at all, nor even afterwards did I give myself any extra coverage or promotion that was not given to anyone else.

wiwarin_mir, as I see it, you're doing a good job, with this unpleasant task.
And NO, you are NOT promoting yourself. And for what it's worth, I support your nomination.
Reply 458
vienna95
where is corey?

Corey is not around at present as far as I am aware, but I can still lock the thread myself, after all, I did make it.
vienna95
where is corey?

Corey thought that given the topic of the thread it would be more constructive if I closed it for him.

It'll be back in the morning :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending