D + D sub-mod Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
She was not nominating herself, she was signing her post.
Oh. Thank you wiwarin for clearing that up
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They have already been considered and found unsuitable (I assume that is why Howard is not in the running any more as well).
Best Debator 2004 and, according to ickle_katy, the person with the support of D+D, are both unsuitable, god help the rest.
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A is a busy man you know, he's can't concentrate on TSR 100% of the time and like many of us, he needs a break. i.e. the weekend, I'm sure if and when A has time he will respond to your queries.
mxox
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but since the decision does not rest with you, you do not have to see why A found them unsuitable.
Are you always such a pompous suck up? Get over yourself dude.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you do not have to see why A found them unsuitable.
it should be clear that if this is going to be resolved with everyones blessing then it has to be made clear.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but since the decision does not rest with you, you do not have to see why A found them unsuitable.
hopefully A will see its probably in the best interests of the forum to clear it up.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
A is a busy man you know, he's can't concentrate on TSR 100% of the time and like many of us, he needs a break. i.e. the weekend, I'm sure if and when A has time he will respond to your queries.
he was on about an hour ago, but im sure were capable of waiting for his feedback before departing on ickle_katy's personal selection methods.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
ollie or/and rich for admin?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So you are not going to accect that A might have posted something in the mod forum stating that you are unsuitable to be a mod and the mods are now relaying to you that fact.
erm, not from someone who openly didnt want me to be mod, no.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
ollie or/and rich for admin?
We have all the same functions as admin, apart from server access. You're talking about a full time job there.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hopefully A will see its probably in the best interests of the forum to clear it up.
Why is it in the best interest of the forum to know these things?
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by vienna95)
erm, not from someone who openly didnt want me to be mod, no.
But why would she lie, after all there are still plenty of other mods that would see she was lying and the correct her. It is rather fanciful to think that a single mod would be able to mislead you in such a way without the knowledge of the other mods or indeed the admin.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why is it in the best interest of the forum to know these things?
would have stopped all the threads today
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
one tiny point, if A wanted vienna to be a mod, she would be a mod.

love Katy***
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
would have stopped all the threads today
it wouldn't have stopped all of them, as we still need to decide on another more well recieved candidate for modship.
mxox
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
one tiny point, if A wanted vienna to be a mod, she would be a mod.

love Katy***
A is hardly on the forums. Who the D & D moderator is does not really affect him. Don't you see that it makes much more sense to choose the person who the actual USERS of the sub forum want? Unless he has a VERY VERY good reason for not choosing Vienna!
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mxox)
A is hardly on the forums. Who the D & D moderator is does not really affect him. Don't you see that it makes much more sense to choose the person who the actual USERS of the sub forum want? Unless he has a VERY VERY good reason for not choosing Vienna!
Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't, until he comments, if and when he wishes to, you won't know.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am quite concerned by the lack of participation from A on this discussion. Admittedly, I believed that in light of the Announcement he made and the Moderator Poll thread, he would finish up with an announcement of which moderators he had chosen. I am also confused that he would include me as the sole candidate for D+D. I was put on the moderator poll and then on the subsequent sub mod poll. I am now being told that apart from having the support of D+D regulars and the basic technical "requirements"(time online, contribution etc) of moderation, the reason for now disregarding me relates to the fact that I could not work with the current moderation team. As much as I would dispute that, I respect that decision, if it came from A. Yet I have not heard that from any moderator. I have not heard that from A, and why was I then nominated and put on three polls if this was known previously? What discussed on any thread since the poll appeared has related to and altered this fact? I therefore put it to the mod team that,

i) A has not appointed the current mods and they were appointed directly from the polls in question.

ii) There was never any serious intention for me to be mod, my existence on the polls was merely to keep things quiet from the D+D end.

iii) My apparent inability to work with the moderation team, in light of the fact that I cannot say I dislike them, is the only reason that has been suggested against my candidature for mod. This strikes me as being a reason solely based on the personal interests of the mod team and were it to rule out the possibility of moderation, putting self interest before the objective needs of the forum.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How much time would you like?
As much as possible in making sure everything is okay without lingering it on.

It doesnt have to be a week, You can have longer if you like, just as long as we know when we can expect your descision.
Ah. I read you said a week or something on the now disclosed thread in the About section.

vienna, it now appears to me that your now arguing against a D&D selected mod. Can you please make up your mind.
Vienna95 has been in favour of a D&D selected mod as an idea, just not having two of them. But as Corey is here to stay unless he is 'de-modded', this is arguably the next best thing.

I do think that it may be an idea to try to draw up a list of regulars, then it would make the nomination process that much easier.
Might be an idea to check if they want to be a moderator first before considering them. As time goes on people have other commitments in life.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
As much as possible in making sure everything is okay without lingering it on.

Ah. I read you said a week or something on the now disclosed thread in the About section.

Vienna95 has been in favour of a D&D selected mod as an idea, just not having two of them. But as Corey is here to stay unless he is 'de-modded', this is arguably the next best thing.

Might be an idea to check if they want to be a moderator first before considering them. As time goes on people have other commitments in life.
That of course would be the first step of condensing the shortlist.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (34)
97.14%
No (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads