The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How about corey?
wiwarin_mir
Ok, as Ickle_katie said, we have to decide who would be a suitable candidate that isn't vienna or howard.

Ickle_Katy
Anyway, Enough of all this arguing. Those who class themselves as D&D regulars, are obviously not happy at the choice of corey. So, in response to this, i am inviting you to go back to your D&D land and come up with your prefered choice. However, this cannot be Howard or Vienna. As you have complained that 5 days wasn't long enough, i am offering you a week.

If you can come up with one suitable candidate that you all agree on and you can nominate one person to come forward with this candidate to me next saturday, The mod/Admin team will discuss it and see what arrangement can be made.

love Katy***

Nominations for a poll? Does anyone want to choose someone other than these 3 people? (Corey, Vienna and Howard)
Reply 3
Why can't it be Vienna or Howard?

I wish A would come online and explain there reasons for his mod choice and hopefully this would negate the need for yet another stupid discussion about something which should be relatively unproblematic to decide if handled properly.
Reply 4
viviki

I wish A would come online and explain there reasons for his mod choice and hopefully this would negate the need for yet another stupid discussion about something which should be relatively unproblematic to decide if handled properly.

Because Ickle_katie said that we couldn't choose them.
Reply 5
Why can't they be chosen thats the point. I don't see why this should be such an issue. I thought that when A sent out the password changes before and he didnt do a sticky first and it caused an outcry that he said he would be more informative in future.
Yet again this hasn't been the case. Surely theres no point messing about deciding on mods when its all down to him anyway. THis whole thing seems to be a completely futile exercise and i can't wait to here what he has to say about it all.
Reply 6
I will put forward Jonathon for the position or possible weejimmie (even though he has not been around for as along as some others, he takes place in many debates and knows what he is talking about)
Reply 7
viviki
Why can't they be chosen thats the point. I don't see why this should be such an issue. I thought that when A sent out the password changes before and he didnt do a sticky first and it caused an outcry that he said he would be more informative in future.
Yet again this hasn't been the case. Surely theres no point messing about deciding on mods when its all down to him anyway. THis whole thing seems to be a completely futile exercise and i can't wait to here what he has to say about it all.

I think because they were chosen before and there have already been enough arguments and discussion as to why they are suitable or unsuitable.
wiwarin_mir
I will put forward Jonathon for the position or possible weejimmie (even though he has not been around for as along as some others, he takes place in many debates and knows what he is talking about)

Jonaton X2
Although I don't see the problem with Corey.
Reply 9
I think if A is in agreement that maybe the best policy rather than it being a popularity contest is for this forum to come up with 4 or so names of D&D mods that they would be happy with and A can pick one from that list, hopefully that would mean that everyone will be happy. Having another poll seems pretty pointless to me.
Reply 10
viviki
I think if A is in agreement that maybe the best policy rather than it being a popularity contest is for this forum to come up with 4 or so names of D&D mods that they would be happy with and A can pick one from that list, hopefully that would mean that everyone will be happy. Having another poll seems pretty pointless to me.

Even though the poll would be in here, you still might get poll junkies voting just for the sake of it, so i see your point. I also agree with your idea of deciding on a shortlist of 3 or 4 names and then submitting them to A so he, with the help of the other mods, could make the final decision.
Reply 11
Golden Maverick
Jonaton X2
Although I don't see the problem with Corey.

There have been many D+Ders that have almost no idea who Corey is as he does not join in on debates very often.
wiwarin_mir
There have been many D+Ders that have almost no idea who Corey is as he does not join in on debates very often.

Including me, although I don't neccessarily see that as a bad thing.
Reply 13
Golden Maverick
Including me, although I don't neccessarily see that as a bad thing.

It is when people decided that a D+D mod would have to be an active debator so they could tell the difference between heated discussion and a flame war considering a fine line exists between the 2.
Reply 14
viviki

Hehe, because if its not corey, then im next in line according to the poll and that cant happen! Of course, throw Howard in there aswell to pass it off as fair.

Wait until A arrives so we can determine which criteria and candidates he is happy with.
Reply 15
Right the plan is listen to what A has to say when he comes online and then if he is in agreement submit a list of approved members.

What criteria do we need for these then - I presume active debator in D&D would be a start.
Reply 16
I'm not entirely confident, but I don't think A will appear until monday at the earliest as it is the weekend, i'm sure he will comment on his return.
Reply 17
viviki
Right the plan is listen to what A has to say when he comes online and then if he is in agreement submit a list of approved members.

What criteria do we need for these then - I presume active debator in D&D would be a start.

Does not resort to insults or flaming in debates.
Is active in at least 2 of the 3 sub-forums.
This is a pretty stupid situation. Maybe it'd be best to lose the D+D submod altogether, it seems to be fine apart from when deliberate troublemakers come, and then you don't need to read the whole thing anyway.
Reply 19
wiwarin_mir
Does not resort to insults or flaming in debates.
Is active in at least 2 of the 3 sub-forums.

You're limiting yourselves a bit there, aren't you? Even the mighty vienna is only very active in one subforum and the main forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending