The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Best modules to take for durham university politics

Hiya! Ive been asked to choose my optional modules for BA politics 1st year at Durham.

I was wondering what are the best optional modules to go for? Could anyone reccomend any from the 3 we have to choose from IR?

As well as any others from other departments that go well or are easy and managble to do alongside!

Anyone have any experience with doing a beginners language module and how much work that was alongside your undergrad degree?

Thanks!!!
former durham comspci here. make sure to take something useful. don't take stuff like the harry potter module or the business venture one. why not try a language? Most of the optional modules from your department you can probably learn by yourself later on. i don't have any experience doing a language module in durham, but i've seen the stuff that they do in the chinese language module, and it seemed really good.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I did Global Regions and Introduction to IR. International Security was popularly regarded as hard, but I didn't do it so I cannot say if it was. GR and Intro to IR were broad surveys of IR as a topic - GR looking at different world regions and their institutions and Intro to IR looking at different theories and core concepts in IR.
Do you have a preferance over the 2 modules you did?

Original post by Anonymous
I did Global Regions and Introduction to IR. International Security was popularly regarded as hard, but I didn't do it so I cannot say if it was. GR and Intro to IR were broad surveys of IR as a topic - GR looking at different world regions and their institutions and Intro to IR looking at different theories and core concepts in IR.

Do you have a preference over the 2 modules you did? 😊
Original post by Anonymous
Do you have a preferance over the 2 modules you did?

Do you have a preference over the 2 modules you did? 😊

I much preferred Global Regions - it was a more practical, empirical look at world regions and their institutions than Introduction to IR, which was largely theoretical.

Quick Reply

Latest