What to do with conflicting career/degree interests?

Watch
LividOwl9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am really interested in doing something in biological sciences, but also Law (maybe as a career, but for now I am interested as an academic subject).

I do mostly science a-levels, so that's what I was always going for, but recently I've thought about wether that's something I actually want to do. I've wanted to do law in the past, and have started to become interested again. I've done some further reading (things like Letters to a law student) and watched some youtubers to get a good idea.

I don't know what career I want, but I think I could enjoy either of these degrees, not that I can really know until I start studying.

I've got a month or so to decide (if I apply early), but how do I choose between these. They're not exactly similar.

Thanks
Squiggles1238
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can always take another undergrad degree and then if you find you actually want to pursue a career in law, you can complete the GDL? I dont think it matters what degree you hold, but i would advise you research upon that just to be sure
LividOwl9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
You can always take another undergrad degree and then if you find you actually want to pursue a career in law, you can complete the GDL? I dont think it matters what degree you hold, but i would advise you research upon that just to be sure
Oh yeah I'm aware you can convert (although the GDL is actually being phased out), but I'm not sure at this point if I want to do law as a career. I'm primarily interested in it as an academic subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.63%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.86%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
18.07%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.06%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (66)
26.51%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.88%

Watched Threads