I'm unhappy and I don't know what to do

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm really struggling, I don't even know where to start..

I'm 24, currently failing out of a Business degree that I truly hate, it's the single biggest mistake I've ever made.

I also applied for the police awhile back (don't require a degree here), and I'm only a fitness test and a medical away from joining.
I just applied as a way out of Uni but I really don't know how much I actually want to join the police.

I don't think I'll pass my repeat for Uni, so I'll have to repeat the year (if I go ahead with that) but then again - I really don't want to I just feel stuck.

As for law enforcement, it doesn't require a degree, I've already gotten through the hardest part (interview, without a degree), but I don't know if I actually have any interest in becoming a police officer..

As it stands I'm miserable in my current situation.
I'm living with my parents, I have no friends, no chance to meet a girl..
I also can't actually speak to a professional because I have the medical coming up for the police, and that'll come against me..

There's nothing I actually want to do.
I couldn't go back to Uni again because frankly I couldn't afford to even if there was something of interest to me.

I'm just so sick and tired of where I am and what's become of my life, the past 6 years have just been varying degrees of unhappiness for me and I don't know what to do.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Find a good girl, girls are loving creatures, she’ll get you through it and grow together, honestly bro without women we are nothing. I was in a really low place, similar to you and out the blue met a girl and boom she changed my life , all the best bro!
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, can you talk to anyone about how you're feeling? Family?

You'll figure it all out. Have faith in yourself. Sometimes bad things have to happen before good things can.
Last edited by username3477548; 1 month ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Honestly why don't you just get a simple and 'boring' job? Working at tesco's, anything. It will keep you busy and you will gain skills and self confidence, and earn money which is an important key to your freedom.

It's okay to not have a particular dream or passion, or something which fascinates you. Despite what people say many people find their job dull or probably aren't that excited about it. it doesn't mean you can't progress in life.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
Hey, can you talk to anyone about how you're feeling? Family?

You'll figure it all out. Have faith in yourself. Sometimes bad things have to happen before good things can.
No not really, I just get lectured for sitting around all day, when I'm struggling to even get out of bed.

I've had 6 years of varying degrees of sh*t, I no longer subscription to the notion that bad times are followed by good.
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No not really, I just get lectured for sitting around all day, when I'm struggling to even get out of bed.

I've had 6 years of varying degrees of sh*t, I no longer subscription to the notion that bad times are followed by good.
I think it sounds like it's best if you get professional help. Your mental health should always be your first priority.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM. I might not be able to offer you advice but I can always listen to what you have to say x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
7.32%
I need help researching courses (3)
7.32%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
7.32%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
48.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (9)
21.95%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.44%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
4.88%

Watched Threads