How much weight can I lose in 30 days?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m a 16 year old girl. I am 6’3” and weight 228 lbs. Before I start college in 1 month, how much weight can I lose and how do I lose it? Obviously I know to exercise (which I have been doing - exercise bike an hour a day - but I’m not sure if that’s enough?) and eat healthy but with my age, it’s difficult to cook healthy meals. Any help would be greatly appreciated
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd look at food labels and see whether you've had too much saturated fat for example. Lifesum is also a great app for this. An hour of exercise is fine but it mostly depends on the calories gained. You could try missing a meal a day (easy for some, difficult for others) as a method of eating in a calorie deficit.
Last edited by urlocalinmate; 1 month ago
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A healthy and sustainable weight loss is up to 2lbs a week. You can use an online calculator to work out your calorie deficit, then achieve that through diet and exercise.

Don't skip meals just to be in a deficit, though, as it can mean you are missing out on nutrition that your body needs, as at 16 you are still developing.

Why does your age make it difficult to cook your own meals? At 16 you should be able to do your own food. If it's to do with family, watch your portion sizes.
Last edited by Surnia; 1 month ago
bmgets
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Everyone is different when it comes to losing weight. Some folks are lucky and can lose weight just from skipping a single meal!

Try this:

1. Eat less. Way Less. Maybe just a couple of eggs for breakfast. Something light for lunch with carbs, protein, good fats. Only fruits for dinner.
2. Don't just eat less. Eat low-calorie foods. Stay away from processed food. Stop taking sugar. Even drinks—NO sugary drinks.
3. Drink lots of water. If you think you're already drinking lots. Drink more! It will help reduce hunger.
4. Exercise every day. Take a day off each week. If you have the time, exercise 2 hours in the morning, then again in the evening. Make sure the exercises you're doing are increasing your heart rate. If your light jog is not making your heart pump faster, you should be jogging faster.
5. Fast. Try fasting for 48 hours. So no food for 48 hours. But you can drink water. If 48 hours sounds too extreme, try 24 hours first. But don't just sleep the whole way through. Carry on your day as usual.

Here are some cardio ideas you can do from home:
IDEA 1
IDEA 2

Whichever way you decide to lose weight, make sure you don't neglect your health. If you ever feel weak or unwell, make sure you stop what you're doing. Consult your GP if you want to be on the safe side.
caseybones
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m a 16 year old girl. I am 6’3” and weight 228 lbs. Before I start college in 1 month, how much weight can I lose and how do I lose it? Obviously I know to exercise (which I have been doing - exercise bike an hour a day - but I’m not sure if that’s enough?) and eat healthy but with my age, it’s difficult to cook healthy meals. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I’m a fan of IF and keto. Recommend Thomas delauer on YouTube
Anonymous #1
(Original post by _gxg)
check this out. it helped me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGtwMA5_mUo&t=4s
wow just checked the video and the comments, seems legit! I will definitely be starting this, thank you
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bmgets)
Everyone is different when it comes to losing weight. Some folks are lucky and can lose weight just from skipping a single meal!

Try this:

1. Eat less. Way Less. Maybe just a couple of eggs for breakfast. Something light for lunch with carbs, protein, good fats. Only fruits for dinner.
2. Don't just eat less. Eat low-calorie foods. Stay away from processed food. Stop taking sugar. Even drinks—NO sugary drinks.
3. Drink lots of water. If you think you're already drinking lots. Drink more! It will help reduce hunger.
4. Exercise every day. Take a day off each week. If you have the time, exercise 2 hours in the morning, then 2 hours in the evening. Make sure the exercises you're doing are increasing your heart rate. If your light jog is not making your heart pump faster, you should be jogging faster.
5. Fast. Try fasting for 48 hours. So no food for 48 hours. But you can drink water. If 48 hours sounds too extreme, try 24 hours first. But don't just sleep the whole way through. Carry on your day as usual.

IDEA 1
IDEA 2

A couple of articles about the unexpected supplements you can take to help lose weight:

Can Taking a Vitamin D Supplement Help You Lose Weight?

Modafinil For Weight Loss: How To Lose Those Unwanted Pounds

Whichever way you decide to lose weight, make sure you don't neglect your health. If you ever feel weak or unwell, make sure you stop what you're doing. Consult your GP if you want to be on the safe side.
This is completely unsustainable.
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably around 1 stone.
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1-2 lbs a week is considered a sustainable rate so 4-8lbs is realistic
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I lost a stone in three weeks but that was from eating very little due to covid
_gxg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
wow just checked the video and the comments, seems legit! I will definitely be starting this, thank you
you're welcome
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't do this, or any other fad diet! It's not healthy or sustainable, and you won't get the nutrition you need.

Don't pick and choose the answers that you like. For example, you've not answered my question about why you can't have healthy meals...
_gxg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Surnia)
Don't do this, or any other fad diet! It's not healthy or sustainable, and you won't get the nutrition you need.

Don't pick and choose the answers that you like. For example, you've not answered my question about why you can't have healthy meals...
I agree that it is not sustainable but I used to do it for 5 days a week, go back to eating a healthy balanced diet for a few days, and repeated the process until I reached my goal weight. But this diet itself gives you all the nutrients you need. it's just low in carbs. I would recommend doing it for a short period of time.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _gxg)
I agree that it is not sustainable but I used to do it for 5 days a week, go back to eating a healthy balanced diet for a few days, and repeated the process until I reached my goal weight. But this diet itself gives you all the nutrients you need. it's just low in carbs. I would recommend doing it for a short period of time.
And you are suggesting this to a 16yo whose body is still developing and who doesn't understand how weight loss works????

There is no point in fad diets or rapid weight loss. Healthy eating and exercise are all that is needed.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
And you are suggesting this to a 16yo whose body is still developing and who doesn't understand how weight loss works????

There is no point in fad diets or rapid weight loss. Healthy eating and exercise are all that is needed.
I meant with my current situation in the post- nothing to do with my age. I’m not picking and choosing, I 100% understand that eating healthy and exercising is what I need to do but the egg diet isn’t far off from what I eat in a day anyway- I’ve never really eaten much but just unlucky with my body I guess
cheerIeader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A **** ton. Cut out fizzy drinks and junk, turn on some good music and go crazy.
blazerod
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
On average, it should be 1 to 2 lbs per week
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I meant with my current situation in the post- nothing to do with my age. I’m not picking and choosing, I 100% understand that eating healthy and exercising is what I need to do but the egg diet isn’t far off from what I eat in a day anyway- I’ve never really eaten much but just unlucky with my body I guess
If you are following something like the egg diet you aren't eating heathily and you wouldn't need to lose weight if you were eating very few calories. So what exactly is stopping you having healthy meals? Unless you've been diagnosed with a medical condition that affects your weight, you aren't 'unlucky', there's something else gping on.
rommroma557
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This spring I really wanted to lose weight to look better in the summer. On Canadian pharmacy I read that you need to exercise regularly, drink vitamins and plenty of water, eat healthy food. I started running every morning and each time increased the distance, tried to eat healthier food and more fruits and vegetables, took a complex of vitamins and drank a lot of water. I lost enough weight and I started to love myself more. Now I train to always be in shape and it's so cool!
Last edited by rommroma557; 1 month ago
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bmgets)

Try this:

4. Exercise every day. Take a day off each week. If you have the time, exercise 2 hours in the morning, then again in the evening. Make sure the exercises you're doing are increasing your heart rate. If your light jog is not making your heart pump faster, you should be jogging faster.

IDEA 1
IDEA 2

This is so unhealthy and could endanger your health. Don’t do this please, take care of yourself and lose the weight healthily. One to two pounds a week is fine. Focus on healthier meals and moderate exercise. Be patient. Healthy weight loss has to be a sustainable life change Xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
7.32%
I need help researching courses (3)
7.32%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
7.32%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
48.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (9)
21.95%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.44%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
4.88%

Watched Threads