Mum is constantly moody/ stressing me out.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m 18 and staying at home another year for a foundation course then hope to go to uni. My parents pay for essential stuff like toiletries etc and recently I was diagnosed with an eye condition so have to use a heat mask and clean my eyes which takes 20-30 mins, my parents bedroom is next to the bathroom I use before bed and I try to be quick in there but can’t really atm because of my eyes. My mum constantly moans that I keep her up even when I’m never loud but apparently the thought of me being awake keeps her awake…it’s a bit ridiculous tbh, she moans if my light is still on at 1am which she can’t see from her room so just likes to moan. Me being awake in my room really has nothing to do with her in my opinion because I’m an adult and she definitely wouldn’t say anything to anyone else about it. She’s always tried to baby me and can’t imagine me trying to be an adult. She also moans about paying for the toiletries even when I offer to pay for my stuff.. and it’s beginning to stress me out. I don’t have a job because I have a lot saved up from keeping birthday money over the years and she even moans that I don’t work even when I don’t want to get because I want to enjoy my last summer break because next summer I will be saving for uni her answer is “you’ve had years of summer holidays” and “I’ve worked since I was 11”. It’s grating on me sm- I’m not frivolous with my savings at all and don’t know what to do because I don’t know that I can bare living at home another year with her moaning 24/7. She moans about my dad and sisters too who having done anything but they don’t see her as much as me..which might drive me to get a job to get away from her lol.

The main thing is I’m just fed up of constantly arguing with her, everyone else thinks she’s ridiculous too but it’s beginning to stress me out so bad and I don’t want my last year at home to be miserable. Anytime I tell her stop going on about everything she tells me where the door is which I wish I could ****ing walk out of but it’s now too late to go to uni this year.

Any tips etc would be appreciated
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 18 and staying at home another year for a foundation course then hope to go to uni. My parents pay for essential stuff like toiletries etc and recently I was diagnosed with an eye condition so have to use a heat mask and clean my eyes which takes 20-30 mins, my parents bedroom is next to the bathroom I use before bed and I try to be quick in there but can’t really atm because of my eyes. My mum constantly moans that I keep her up even when I’m never loud but apparently the thought of me being awake keeps her awake…it’s a bit ridiculous tbh, she moans if my light is still on at 1am which she can’t see from her room so just likes to moan. Me being awake in my room really has nothing to do with her in my opinion because I’m an adult and she definitely wouldn’t say anything to anyone else about it. She’s always tried to baby me and can’t imagine me trying to be an adult. She also moans about paying for the toiletries even when I offer to pay for my stuff.. and it’s beginning to stress me out. I don’t have a job because I have a lot saved up from keeping birthday money over the years and she even moans that I don’t work even when I don’t want to get because I want to enjoy my last summer break because next summer I will be saving for uni her answer is “you’ve had years of summer holidays” and “I’ve worked since I was 11”. It’s grating on me sm- I’m not frivolous with my savings at all and don’t know what to do because I don’t know that I can bare living at home another year with her moaning 24/7. She moans about my dad and sisters too who having done anything but they don’t see her as much as me..which might drive me to get a job to get away from her lol.

The main thing is I’m just fed up of constantly arguing with her, everyone else thinks she’s ridiculous too but it’s beginning to stress me out so bad and I don’t want my last year at home to be miserable. Anytime I tell her stop going on about everything she tells me where the door is which I wish I could ****ing walk out of but it’s now too late to go to uni this year.

Any tips etc would be appreciated
Smack her
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.63%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.86%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
18.07%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.06%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (66)
26.51%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed