bruh15
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need advice because I did my AS levels this year and am going into A level next year. I did got two A*'s and a B in one subject. It was because I cannot learn from that teacher when he teaches. He teaches off of worksheets and answering questions instead of actually explaining things so I end up having to reteach myself everything at home which clearly didn't work. I want to ask to change teachers but I'm not sure how or who to ask? I don't want him to find out or hold any grudges against me because of this. What should I do?
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bruh15)
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need advice because I did my AS levels this year and am going into A level next year. I did got two A*'s and a B in one subject. It was because I cannot learn from that teacher when he teaches. He teaches off of worksheets and answering questions instead of actually explaining things so I end up having to reteach myself everything at home which clearly didn't work. I want to ask to change teachers but I'm not sure how or who to ask? I don't want him to find out or hold any grudges against me because of this. What should I do?
Emailing/talking to the head of department maybe?
bruh15
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
Emailing/talking to the head of department maybe?
Okay, thank you, I will. I was just worried that she wouldn't change my teacher and instead tell him. He's the type to neglect you if he doesn't like you lol. which would mean I'd have to survive a year with a teacher who wouldn't help me. I think I'm just overthinking it tho. I'll talk to her when my school restarts. Thank you for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (27)
17.2%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
15.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (22)
14.01%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (44)
28.03%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (27)
17.2%

Watched Threads