HELP: Made a mistake in cover letter?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I applied for this degree apprenticeship programme that I am really interested in. I proof read and spellchecked my CV and cover letter several times. However, I just realised that I made an error. I wrote that I saw the job advertised on the 4th of August 2020 rather than 2021.

I am kicking myself and feel like an idiot. Is this a big mistake? Will it give off a bad impression?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
just withdraw
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't stress over it. If the rest of your application is good , it will get overlooked. Good luck.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I applied for this degree apprenticeship programme that I am really interested in. I proof read and spellchecked my CV and cover letter several times. However, I just realised that I made an error. I wrote that I saw the job advertised on the 4th of August 2020 rather than 2021.

I am kicking myself and feel like an idiot. Is this a big mistake? Will it give off a bad impression?
It obviously doesn’t show attention to detail but you are where you are.

All you can do is hope they overlook this. Good luck. If it doesn’t work out then at least you learnt something you can improve for the next one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
14.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.74%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.98%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (61)
26.87%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (45)
19.82%

Watched Threads