Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’m doing going to do law in Leicester and Leicesters good for law but I keep seeing mixed reviews about the uni overall, such as it’s small and the accommodation is bad. I’m a little worried because the uni is like two hours away and I don’t want to live somewhere where I don’t like.
Can I have an unbiased review please
University of Leicester
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!

I can see you've asked for an unbiased review, but I just wanted to drop a message in in case you don't get any other responses.

It's great to hear you're considering the University of Leicester for Law! Have you had a chance to visit us yet? This is the best way to get a feel for the campus and a chance to view the accommodation for yourself too - you can book on to a campus tour here. As you're 2-hours away though, you may not be able to travel up to campus so I've added in some quick videos here of our accommodation in the Student Village, as well as City Living. I recently stayed in one of the rooms at Nixon Court (City Living) whilst I was up on campus and was really impressed - the room was much bigger than expected.

At Leicester, we do have a smaller, compact campus but so much better for getting everywhere as everything's in one place. This is just my view though. If you're not able to visit us, I've included a video here of our whistle-stop campus tour which gives you an idea of our campus.

I hope this helps but please do just let me know if you have any other questions. You can also chat to our current students, to see what they think of the campus and accommodation.

Good luck with your choices,

Ellie
dajabil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there

Personally I lived at CODE Student Accommodation at Western Road - it is a little further than other places to the University of Leicester but the student experience they offer is incredible.

They're a short walk from the city centre and iirc you can bring your own bike into their storage which is covered by contents insurance if you have a D lock. They also have free bike hire if you didn't want to bring your own! It's around a 30min walk to uol or there are bus stops not far from the complex.

I think they even offered separate studios closer to uol but you would need to ask CODE themselves for info about that - apparently they are similar flats like the rooms at their complex but you still get access to their gym/café/fitness studio/study etc. They offer everything you could want!!

It looks like they only have a couple of studio types still available so you should book with them sooner rather than later - of course weigh your options but I would argue it's definitely worth it. I stayed in a different accommodation for my first year in a rough-ish noisy area so my move to CODE being super quiet and peaceful was amazing, plus I actually managed to meet super lovely friends during my time there because of their social events.

I hope that helps and best of luck!
ymt29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
Hi!
I am doing law at leicester and I'm really liking it so far
If you need help with accommodation I have a room in a four bedroom houseshare that I can arrange for you
It's just a 10 minute walk to the uni and it is also close to the city centre and shops
The neighbouring houses are also student houses
Let me know if you are interested! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.76%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.32%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.32%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.58%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
18.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed