Has anyone seen a geneticist?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do you get your bloods taken for genetic testing straight away or..?
Anonymous #1
Pathway I’m tagging you because I read on another thread that you have seen a geneticist
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have had 2 genetic tests recently and the blood was simply taken at my local bloods clinic
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gjd800)
I have had 2 genetic tests recently and the blood was simply taken at my local bloods clinic
so you didnt see a geneticist?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so you didnt see a geneticist?
No, they just did reports and sent them (well, only one so far) to my gp
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For me I had an appointment with a genetic counsellor, then the geneticist themselves. Then I had to give consent for them to use my pictures and for the blood work too. So it wasn't straight away no, it's on my own time.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
For me I had an appointment with a genetic counsellor, then the geneticist themselves. Then I had to give consent for them to use my pictures and for the blood work too. So it wasn't straight away no, it's on my own time.
and how many times did you have to go there? (I’m asking because of the distance between my house and the other side of london is quite big).
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
and how many times did you have to go there? (I’m asking because of the distance between my house and the other side of london is quite big).
So far only one in person appointment with the geneticist. Mine is quite a long way too as I had to go to Northwick Park. They are trying to limit in person appointments anyway still afaik.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads