Anyone still waiting for CAS? I'm dying from frustration

Watch
ElenaE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Durham University is speachlessly slow on CAS issue.
I am having very difficult time at the moment because of this.
My offer is changed to unconditional on June 22nd. I've been contacting the university about the CAS issue because I'm in a bit special circumstances than other students and I MUST receive CAS letter ASAP.
Otherwise, I won't be able to go to school until like November.

I emailed to the university more than 6-7times and rang them about 3times now. I only receive the response "we are working on it/we don't know timeline/we cannot provide anymore information"

This is really frustrating as an international student. I have spoken other students going to the UK for same semester. Seems like most of other uni have issued the CAS within few days or even 1-2weeks.

What's going on with Durham? Is there anybody who is Post-grad/international student who received CAS from Durham recently?
StarLinyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ElenaE)
My offer is changed to unconditional on June 22nd. I've been contacting the university about the CAS issue because I'm in a bit special circumstances than other students and I MUST receive CAS letter ASAP.

I emailed to the university more than 6-7times and rang them about 3times now. I only receive the response "we are working on it/we don't know timeline/we cannot provide anymore information"

This is really frustrating as an international student. I have spoken other students going to the UK for same semester. Seems like most of other uni have issued the CAS within few days or even 1-2weeks.

What's going on with Durham? Is there anybody who is Post-grad/international student who received CAS from Durham recently?
Try emailing the course director for support and/or advice. Due to the pandemic, staff shortages are an issue in many universities, and there is a large backlog to work through.
Supreme_Who
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I can absolute relate to this, I have been trying to get a CAS so I can get my visa application processed in time but I've essentially received the same response. Although tbf I received my place in July so that might be why and also they will be processing A Level results now since results day is coming up so I'd say CAS is most likely to be processed after the 10th but who knows. Good luck on getting your CAS letter ASAP
erentheaviator
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I know how stressful it is. I wish you all the best. All you can do is to pester the admissions department until they issue the CAS. Cranfield University issued mine recently and it took 7 weeks. There are serious delays this year.
gblanchflower
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We have had a nightmare the last few days, with our flight coming up on the 24th aug. They are dealing with a lot of students this year and are clearly overwhelmed - but they have also had the whole year to prepare for this. I will be putting in an official complaint should we be unable to take our flight.
yw574
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm still waiting for it.. is September already.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.28%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (8)
13.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (9)
14.75%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (7)
11.48%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
40.98%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (10)
16.39%

Watched Threads