why are some escalators and stairs so long?

Watch
Anon346775
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
if you fall down them you can die, and its even scarier for those that are scared of heights
Al_ICE04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm afraid that it's survival of the fittest in this world. Stairs and Escalators are just tests to determine your strength and abilities.

HAPPY HUNGER GAMES MY FRIEND.

May the odds be ever in your favour.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because if they were shorter, they wouldn't reach the upper floor...
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they're their to make sure i can get up to the second floor with contains the gucci and prada shops
hungrysalamander
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one's stopping you from using an elevator.
Little pecker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I still remember that video of the Chinese woman falling into one and being crushed to death, scenes. Ever since then I always put both hands on the rubber just incase it collapses below me.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Little pecker)
I still remember that video of the Chinese woman falling into one and being crushed to death, scenes. Ever since then I always put both hands on the rubber just incase it collapses below me.
Please don't do that on the tube unless you want angry londoners staring at you.
Little pecker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Please don't do that on the tube unless you want angry londoners staring at you.
To clarify I mean both hands on the same side not like a 'T'. Someone would probably walk through my hands.
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Escalators are for exercise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.8%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (13)
16.46%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.39%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.71%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed