katef1234
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Does anyone know how long the civil service pre-employment checks normally take?

I have been given a provisional job offer to join the CS, waiting on my pre-employment checks before getting a formal offer. Just wondering how long they take/when its likely I will start the new job?

Thanks!
myalauryn
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by katef1234)
Does anyone know how long the civil service pre-employment checks normally take?

I have been given a provisional job offer to join the CS, waiting on my pre-employment checks before getting a formal offer. Just wondering how long they take/when its likely I will start the new job?

Thanks!
it can take anything between a month and 4 months there really isn't a timeframe . what position have you applied for ?
katef1234
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by myalauryn)
it can take anything between a month and 4 months there really isn't a timeframe . what position have you applied for ?
Ah okay thank you! Its a research officer role - still don't know which department yet though.
lfx4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’m in the same boat . Got an email on 23/07 saying I need to provide more information and someone will be in contact shortly but I’m still waiting for the follow up email
EB1234567
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Can anyone tell me how long it was between being offered the job (I’ve had this verbally) and receiving your prescription employment check forms? I’ve been waiting around 3 weeks so far and wondering if this is normal?
_the_therapist
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, wondering how you are getting on with your pre employment checks? Habe just has my ID verification interview and I guess it's security vwrting next?
lfx4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I got the offer for AO role in Home Office in July passed all my checks in October and starting mid November if that helps
_the_therapist
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lfx4)
I got the offer for AO role in Home Office in July passed all my checks in October and starting mid November if that helps
Thanks, that is helpful. 4 months from offer to start is quite lengthy, however I am told the recruitment service is super busy. Enjoy your new role ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (17)
8.9%
Okay (57)
29.84%
A bit lacking (67)
35.08%
Not good at all (50)
26.18%

Watched Threads