The Student Room Group

Histopathology ST1 Application for 2022

Scroll to see replies

They’ve opened the ability to rank preferences now. Was hoping there would be some rotations in Birmingham but no such luck 🙁
There appears to be about 107 posts this year
Reply 22
Do you guys know if any training program has an edge over the other? If you are not bound by geographic regions, and you only want an excellent training program?
Original post by AY2010
Do you guys know if any training program has an edge over the other? If you are not bound by geographic regions, and you only want an excellent training program?

It depends on your interests for example if you’re interested in forensic pathology then Newcastle is better. Some places do more digital autopsies so if you’re interested in performing autopsies internally that may not be the place for you. If you’re interested in a region it may be worth connecting with trainees already in the region who can give you more specific info.
Reply 24
Hi there, has anyone received any more info about the interview than it being a 30 minute Teams meeting? I can’t see anything else in the documents but think last year they were given more info beforehand. Thanks!
Original post by RGrundy
Hi there, has anyone received any more info about the interview than it being a 30 minute Teams meeting? I can’t see anything else in the documents but think last year they were given more info beforehand. Thanks!

I can’t see any other info, when I booked it just said I’d get more information regarding the interview format on the day!
Original post by RGrundy

Do you have the info they were given last year?
Original post by jennysimps
I can’t see any other info, when I booked it just said I’d get more information regarding the interview format on the day!

I'm struggling with the same. I do not have any info on the format of the interview and how to prepare.
Also struggling with interview prep :frown:
Original post by areya234
Also struggling with interview prep :frown:

Me too. I do not know how to prepare 😦.
What have people thought of the interview process? One of the stations didn't go very well for me at all...hoping I did enough overall
Original post by FATchristopher
What have people thought of the interview process? One of the stations didn't go very well for me at all...hoping I did enough overall

I thought the questions were pretty fair, I rambled a bit but overall it was ok! So glad it’s over!!!
Yeah I definitely had my waffly moments, but nothing outrageous asked. Fingers crossed for all!
Reply 33
Does anyone know what the ratio is between self score and interview for final ranking?
Original post by FATchristopher

It seemed so fast almost rushed. I can’t even remember all the questions. Then I finished early anyway. Do we just get rankings or offers on the 24.3.22?
Original post by chiny94
Does anyone know what the ratio is between self score and interview for final ranking?

Does anyone know the interview scores and the self assessment scores of someone who went through the process last year? If we had a few of the results from last year maybe we could work it out.
Original post by naomi79993374
It seemed so fast almost rushed. I can’t even remember all the questions. Then I finished early anyway. Do we just get rankings or offers on the 24.3.22?

The timeline says initial offers by 5pm on Wednesday 23rd March - so hopefully we’ll see everything then.
Reply 37
Original post by naomi79993374
Does anyone know the interview scores and the self assessment scores of someone who went through the process last year? If we had a few of the results from last year maybe we could work it out.

I have been told by previous trainees that for final ranking it's interview - 84% and self assessment score - 16%. For them anyway but considering the interview format was the same as last year, I reckon it will be the same for us.
Reply 38
Original post by Pumpkaboo
The timeline says initial offers by 5pm on Wednesday 23rd March - so hopefully we’ll see everything then.

Can't wait!

Where did everyone put for their first choice?
Original post by chiny94
I have been told by previous trainees that for final ranking it's interview - 84% and self assessment score - 16%. For them anyway but considering the interview format was the same as last year, I reckon it will be the same for us.

I saw this on the message board from last years applicants but when I compared it to my friends scores it didn’t work. What did work was:
APPLICATION = 35.29%
INTERVIEW = 64.71%
But I wanted to know some other scores to confirm it.

Quick Reply