The Student Room Group

How are you feeling about your results?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ashtolga23
I'm feeling really good! The grades feel a little anticlimactic with the inflation and whatnot but I also got a mark breakdown which was nice to see.

I actually made a video going over my expectations then opening my results if anyone wants to watch! Link is here: https://youtu.be/zR7xF0-ywgs

Just waiting on email confirmation in regards to my subject but I'll be going to university in September.

I remember you mentioning your results video on another thread.

You did soo good, you literally couldn't have done better so well done!:smile: I hope you have a great time at Durham :h:

Your reaction seemed rather subdued :tongue:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sunshine774
I remember you mentioning your results video on another thread.

You did soo good, you literally couldn't have done better so well done!:smile: I hope you have a great time at Durham :h:

Your reaction seemed rather subdued :tongue:

Aw thank you so much! You're so kind.

I think I did mention my worry of being a little underwhelming lmao.
Original post by ashtolga23
I'm feeling really good! The grades feel a little anticlimactic with the inflation and whatnot but I also got a mark breakdown which was nice to see.

I actually made a video going over my expectations then opening my results if anyone wants to watch! Link is here: https://youtu.be/zR7xF0-ywgs

Just waiting on email confirmation in regards to my subject but I'll be going to university in September.

I remember watching these kinds of reaction videos years ago, and I can't believe it's finally my turn to go! I enjoyed it. Well done!
Original post by The Malevolent
I remember watching these kinds of reaction videos years ago, and I can't believe it's finally my turn to go! I enjoyed it. Well done!

Thank you so much!
tbh kinda disappointed since 2 of my grades were lower than expected (BBC instead of ABB :/ ) but I still got into the uni I wanted to I suppose that’s the main thing?? I’m mostly just relieved I didn’t have to do clearing lol
Reply 25
I’m feeling really happy, went from BBD at the end of year 12 to 3 A*s. The best feeling knowing that all those days i spent hours studying exhausted, were all worth it.
I got my results today

I was pretty happy till I saw on the news that loads of people were getting A*'s and then I somehow felt a little disappointed

I just reminded myself though that a life of comparing yourself to others is completely pointless, it's all about self-development

For anyone who didn't get the grades or into the university they wanted, it's not the end of the world, and as long as you tried your hardest then nobody can ask for anything else
I got a B in geography and a C in history which I was pleased about and I know that my NEA in history let me down. I didn't choose the best topic and the exam board changed my question near the deadline.
I was disappointed with the D I got in maths though. I completely bombed on the Stats and Mechanics paper.
If any year 11s are on this thread right now my advice is not to take maths in combination with humanities subjects because they all require a lot of time and there's no cross between them.

I still got into my firm which is UEA though so overall I'm pleased.
Original post by Jonathanツ
I was pretty happy till I saw on the news that loads of people were getting A*'s and then I somehow felt a little disappointed

Don't feel disappointed in yourself. A lot of those people wouldn't have got those grades in normal times.
I got my grades and it’s pretty cool knowing my results are in the top 7% of the country especially as I go to a state school and had a mixture of gcse results so didn’t really think this would happen.

I knew it was possible as the 14 out of 15 assessments that were being used had been A/A* grades but to be honest I still can’t quite get my head around that.

I’m nervous and excited about starting my Natural Sciences degree in Southampton and I’m already 2/3 of the way into my enrolment - only have to send a pic for my ID :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending