A*A A / no admission

Watch this thread
MrHarrogate
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hello.

I have received my final results (equivalent: A*A A) from France.
I didn’t apply yet. Ideally i’d like to do law. What can i do at this point ?
University of Law LLB? LSBU / Greenwich ?
A higher education diploma then re-apply next year ?

Any answers are appreciated.
lemonadetea
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
You could create a UCAS account and apply to courses through clearing, or wait until the 7th of September and do the application process for September 2022 entry
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
As above, your main options are through clearing or applying for 2022 entry. If your grades are indeed equivalent to A*AA then you are probably better off applying in a gap year to the strongest unis offering your subject (e.g. Oxford or Cambridge, LSE, UCL, KCL, maybe Nottingham as a safety option).
MrHarrogate
Rep:
Could I do anything useful academically instead of a one year gap?
lemonadetea
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by MrHarrogate)
Could I do anything useful academically instead of a one year gap?
If you were to apply for 2022 entry you would have to sit the LNAT exam for law admissions which would take a few months to prep for, you could also perhaps independently take an A-Level subject such as English literature or Law which would look good on your application. work experience in law firms and wider reading would be pretty much essential for top uk universities
lemonadetea
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Which subjects did you study for your exams in France?
MrHarrogate
Rep:
I just saw that I didn’t write the whole sentence.
i didnt apply THROUGH CLEARING. But i got an offer from KCL. the thing is i will certainly not match the english language condition. they had accepted my english language qualification at first, but a month later said that because of visa purposes they don’t accept it anymore. I took the TOEFL and the LNAT last year. 100 toefl score but only 19 speaking so not enough either. 24 LNAT score but i hadn’t studied for it.
Thank you for your answers !
MrHarrogate
Rep:
It’s complicated we have all the subjects in the final exams.
but my three mains were: mathematics, economical and social sciences and history geography geopolitics political scienc
MrHarrogate
Rep:
I had two internships with parisian law firms. should i have asked lawyers for recommendations ?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
i didnt apply THROUGH CLEARING. But i got an offer from KCL. the thing is i will certainly not match the english language condition. they had accepted my english language qualification at first, but a month later said that because of visa purposes they don’t accept it anymore. I took the TOEFL and the LNAT last year. 100 toefl score but only 19 speaking so not enough either. 24 LNAT score but i hadn’t studied for it.
Have you looked at places in clearing? You could start a degree this year.
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
You did really well to get an offer from Kings - they were very competitive to get into this year and more people than usual seemed to get rejected or offered alternative courses to Law. Seems like it's only your English language qualification holding you back. I would take a year out to improve that and reapply next year to 5 good unis in the same league as Kings rather than the 3 you mentioned above.
Googley_eyes
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
You could ask KCL if you can defer for a year and work on your English. This is a good year to defer as they’ll be so oversubscribed like most top 100 unis. You could do something else too if you wanted like an AS or A level if you have time.

You don’t have to accept the KCL place either. Im pretty sure you can apply to other places if you decide you don’t want to go there but if you do you’d have a place for 2022 entry.
MrHarrogate
Rep:
the thing is kings first accepted another qualification for english. i sent an email but no answer yet. i think i should contact universities first to see what’s available before cancelling kings. what do you think?
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
the thing is kings first accepted another qualification for english. i sent an email but no answer yet. i think i should contact universities first to see what’s available before cancelling kings. what do you think?
Agreed no point cancelling Kings at this stage - at least try to talk to them first.
MrHarrogate
Rep:
Considering my grades could i consider talking to UCL?
Googley_eyes
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
UCL? Really? It depends what subject area I guess but they’ve got almost as bad a rep as Imperial for being anti-student. I got an unconditional from them and turned it down as they were very rude in communication and really didn’t seem to care about anything other than their reputation and not the students or the teaching quality. And still you’ll need an English language ability so if you can’t get into KCL (where a lot of international and European students go) then UCL won’t accept you. And this year those grades will mean absolutely nothing as a minimum of 40% of students will achieve those grades or better.
camapplicant530
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Pretty sure they’re not in clearing. With those grades you’re better off applying next year anyway, might have more currency given the fact they’re French. You’ll probably need to improve your LNAT.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (15)
27.27%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (28)
50.91%
First aid skills (2)
3.64%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.82%
Sign language (8)
14.55%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.82%

Watched Threads