The Student Room Group

Will changing my name affect qualifications

Hi! So I’m planning to legally change the spelling of my name as I hate the way it is spelled now. However, all of my legal documents like passport etc will be the old spelling and also my educational qualifications certificates. Is there any way I can get these changed or is that even possible? Also on my alevel certificates for example, will they no longer be seen as mine as the name is a different spelling? Please help
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! So I’m planning to legally change the spelling of my name as I hate the way it is spelled now. However, all of my legal documents like passport etc will be the old spelling and also my educational qualifications certificates. Is there any way I can get these changed or is that even possible? Also on my alevel certificates for example, will they no longer be seen as mine as the name is a different spelling? Please help

No. Categorically it is not possible to change the name on your old examination certificates unless the change is a result of gender reassignment, and then only when proof of the legal chance of name can be provided. In all other cases, they will always stay in your old name, because they refer to you as that person when you took them.

Official documents like passports can be changed - but you will need some sort of 'proof' of name change, like a deed poll.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending