The Student Room Group

Border force apprenticeship 19th July 2021 applicants

Hi!

I applied for the border force apprenticeship that closed 19th July 21, got some good scores on the tests but I'm still waiting for the video interview! I know people that have applied for the actual officer role have been getting their video interviews, I'm just wondering if anyone who applied for the apprenticeship has?

Also, anyone who has started the apprenticeship, how long from application to starting?
I already work in a prison so shouldn't be too bad with pre-employment checks..should be a level transfer I think!

Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,

It’s nice to see a new forum for the most recent campaigns :smile: I also applied for this apprenticeship but am now waiting to hear back if I’ve passed the initial sift. I know someone who’s done the apprenticeship, their whole application from applying to starting took around 6 months but have heard others who’s have taken over a year so it’s a guessing game really :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by jessrb1
Hey,

It’s nice to see a new forum for the most recent campaigns :smile: I also applied for this apprenticeship but am now waiting to hear back if I’ve passed the initial sift. I know someone who’s done the apprenticeship, their whole application from applying to starting took around 6 months but have heard others who’s have taken over a year so it’s a guessing game really :redface:

Ah that's good to know I'm not the only one waiting lol! It does seem the apprenticeship doesn't take as long as the officer role, I know a few people already employed as most people who leave the prison service seem to go into border force lol! I haven't heard of anyone doing the apprenticeship though!
Hello!

i also applied but still says 'application received'!!!!
Reply 4
Original post by chloelockett
Hello!

Me too! Where did you apply for?
Reply 5
Hello!

Think everyone who applied is still seeing that! :'( I'm hoping we will all hear something soon, seems apprenticeship one it takes a while :frown: what location did you apply for?
Reply 6
Little bit of a shining light! Just heard from someone else who applied, they received an email today saying that they didn't get an interview, so maybe the whole "no news is good news" applies here?
Reply 7
Original post by LilGilly93
Little bit of a shining light! Just heard from someone else who applied, they received an email today saying that they didn't get an interview, so maybe the whole "no news is good news" applies here?

Was this for the apprenticeship? Haven’t heard any updates from people who applied for that but maybe I’m looking in the wrong places. Fingers crossed for us 🤞🤞
Reply 8
Original post by jessrb1
Was this for the apprenticeship? Haven’t heard any updates from people who applied for that but maybe I’m looking in the wrong places. Fingers crossed for us 🤞🤞

Yep for the apprenticeship! I haven't heard anything other than from one person, and they got declined, so I'm hoping the fact none of us have heard means it's good news?
What area did you apply for?
Reply 9
Yep for the apprenticeship! I haven't heard anything other than from one person, and they got declined, so I'm hoping the fact none of us have heard means it's good news?
What area did you apply for?

Oh damn was this on one of the other threads? This must be good news for the people who haven’t heard yet, I applied for Harwich/Tilbury what about you? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by jessrb1
Oh damn was this on one of the other threads? This must be good news for the people who haven’t heard yet, I applied for Harwich/Tilbury what about you? :smile:

No it was someone I knew, a fair few people from my job are applying lol!
And I've applied for Gatwick ☺️
Original post by jessrb1
Me too! Where did you apply for?

i applied for luton/milton keynes!

what were your test results? mine were 69% on CSJT and 91% verbal reasoning.
but hardly wrote anything on the personal statement + question because
(edited 2 years ago)
Little bit of a shining light! Just heard from someone else who applied, they received an email today saying that they didn't get an interview, so maybe the whole "no news is good news" applies here

fingers crossed all emails are sent this week if not next week!
Reply 13
i applied for luton/milton keynes!

what were your test results? mine were 69% on CSJT and 91% verbal reasoning.
but hardly wrote anything on the personal statement + question because

Typical, I'm originally from Milton Keynes before I moved down south! 😂

I got 78 on the judgement and 84 on the verbal...or otherway around lol!

Hopefully we will hear something this week..the waiting is brutal!
Has anyone who applied for the officer role heard anything ? The waiting is horrible :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by NaomiMay
Has anyone who applied for the officer role heard anything ? The waiting is horrible :frown:

I know one who applied for officer, she had her video interview last week
Typical, I'm originally from Milton Keynes before I moved down south! 😂

I got 78 on the judgement and 84 on the verbal...or otherway around lol!

Hopefully we will hear something this week..the waiting is brutal!

good scores there! yes this week would be good, i wonder if there's a way of asking for an update?
Original post by NaomiMay

the normal officer role or apprenticeship?
Reply 18
good scores there! yes this week would be good, i wonder if there's a way of asking for an update?

I was going to email on Friday if no one's heard anything, there is an email on the job application thankfully lol!
I was going to email on Friday if no one's heard anything, there is an email on the job application thankfully lol!

I’m waiting on a response too, if you email please let us know if/what they reply

Quick Reply

Latest