My bf does not like to dance with me at the club

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Whenever me and my bf goes clubbing with our friends as well he does not like to dance with me, he says he doesn’t want to make things awkward and that we can dance at home ? But the thing is our friends are in a relationship so nothing is going to be awkward. In reality I look at our friends that are in a relationship dancing and I get upset. Especially when I’m tipsy i get extremely upset about this. He only stands behind me to make sure no guy come behind me he does not grab my waist. We are not anyway close at all. He always makes excuses. And we been dating for 3 years and not once has he ever wanted to dance in a club with me

Idk if that’s a red flag I should be worried about?
I have talked about this number of times and it’s always the same excuse
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
Not everyone likes to dance in front of people, so I think you’re being very melodramatic. Your attitude is more of a red flag.
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
I wouldn't consider this a red flag, no. From what you have described he is still focused on you, he just doesn't want to dance, and that is an okay preference to have. If he were off dancing with other girls then that would be a red flag!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by YaliaV123)
Not everyone likes to dance in front of people, so I think you’re being very melodramatic. Your attitude is more of a red flag.
He is always in the center dancing with his guys and a mix of girls. He encourages his friends to dance with girls but I just find it strange that he wouldn’t wanna do the same. My attitude is not a red flag I’m just trying to get a understanding no need to be rude.
TFEU
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Its not a red flag if he doesn’t like dancing in public.

It’s potentially a red flag if he’s dancing with other girls and not you. Your second post about him dancing with a mix of girls is very vague so it’s hard to comment.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My attitude is not a red flag
It really is, what you describe is routinely getting drunk and causing a dramas trying to make someone do something they aren't comfortable doing, there isn't really way to put a positive spin of what you said.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StriderHort)
It really is, what you describe is routinely getting drunk and causing a dramas trying to make someone do something they aren't comfortable doing, there isn't really way to put a positive spin of what you said.
Drunk or not
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by YaliaV123)
Yalia!!!

Do you want to dance with the Devil?!?!

D-Devils: Dance with the Devil
Hope you know the song...
Last edited by Lucifer323; 9 months ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
I think you need to stop comparing your relationship to your friends. It’s not a competition, and not very healthy. But, given he doesn’t dance with you, he might be shy? Have you ever danced with him in private before?
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
21.59%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.5%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.68%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (19)
21.59%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
21.59%

Watched Threads