The Student Room Group

Top Computer Science University UK

Hi, I am in the transition period between Year 11 and Year 12. I have been looking at and researching universities in the UK and I would like people's opinion on the best universities to persue a computer science degree. I would much prefer going to a university in the US as they look so much better for computer science but the work needed to get into one from the UK is insane so i've ruled US uni's out. I also live in london so if I go to a university in london I would not apply for accomodation.
I have not started a level yet but I am likely to get all 9s and 8s for my gcses and for a level I will do cs, maths, fm and physics.
I would like people's opinion on the best universities that have:
- The best computing facilities
- The best computer science teachers
- The overall most benefital CS course
- The best city
- The best campus
- The best student life
- The best overall accomodation
- The best chance of getting an internship
- The best computer science graduate salary
- The best computer science university

I know it's still 2 years before i'd even go to university but it's only 1 year before applications and I want to know in advance.
I would hazard a guess at Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick, Bristol and Manchester.
Honestly, it really depends on what you want. The best thing to do is find out what you like by researching the course thoroughly and understanding why unis tick all of your boxes. Nobody can really tell you what you'll enjoy.
Depends what areas you’re interested in. Imperial, Edinburgh and Southampton tend to have the most industry focused courses.
Bath looks pretty good too
Reply 5
Original post by AimPerfectly
Hi, I am in the transition period between Year 11 and Year 12. I have been looking at and researching universities in the UK and I would like people's opinion on the best universities to persue a computer science degree. I would much prefer going to a university in the US as they look so much better for computer science but the work needed to get into one from the UK is insane so i've ruled US uni's out. I also live in london so if I go to a university in london I would not apply for accomodation.
I have not started a level yet but I am likely to get all 9s and 8s for my gcses and for a level I will do cs, maths, fm and physics.
I would like people's opinion on the best universities that have:
- The best computing facilities
- The best computer science teachers
- The overall most benefital CS course
- The best city
- The best campus
- The best student life
- The best overall accomodation
- The best chance of getting an internship
- The best computer science graduate salary
- The best computer science university

I know it's still 2 years before i'd even go to university but it's only 1 year before applications and I want to know in advance.

i go ljmu its been rather good apart from lockdown and stuff
Original post by Bowlol
i go ljmu its been rather good apart from lockdown and stuff

Hmm, what’s Ijmu?
Reply 7
Original post by AimPerfectly
Hmm, what’s Ijmu?

Liverpool John Moores University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending