The Student Room Group

MPAS Physician Associate Studies 2022 entry

Hi!

This thread is for anyone considering applying to the undergraduate MPAS physician associate studies course for 2022 entry.
I’m only applying to Reading as UCLAN is a bit too far for me.
Is anyone applying to reading? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey I’m thinking of apply too
Reply 2
Original post by IDK111
Hey I’m thinking of apply too

How are you writing your personal statement because the other option wouldn't physician associate studies? Also what A-levels are you studying? :smile:
Reply 3
Hey, Im studying biology psychology and sociology as a levels. Im thinking of studying nursing too, idk how I’m going to plan my personal statements. It’s risky for ONLY 2 unis being PA course so I’m doing 3 others for nursing
Reply 4
Original post by IDK111
Hey, Im studying biology psychology and sociology as a levels. Im thinking of studying nursing too, idk how I’m going to plan my personal statements. It’s risky for ONLY 2 unis being PA course so I’m doing 3 others for nursing

That’s great!! I think I’m going to put something like microbiology or medical sciences for my other options
Reply 5
Are you doing a foundation year to get into the PA course ?
Reply 6
Original post by IDK111
Are you doing a foundation year to get into the PA course ?

I don’t think you have to do a foundation year. Which uni are u talking about?
Reply 7
Reading and UCLAN because I don’t do chemistry
Hey I'm thinking of studying something else other than the PA course too but idk how to write about both courses in one personal statement while staying "specific" to one course
Kdgdhfhhf i need helpp
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by roodnudul
Hey I'm thinking of studying something else other than the PA course too but idk how to write about both courses in one personal statement while staying "specific" to one course
Kdgdhfhhf i need helpp

Yeahhh I’m struggling with this too!!!
Original post by Ls0812
Yeahhh I’m struggling with this too!!!

What is the second course you're thinking of applying to?
Reply 11
Original post by roodnudul
What is the second course you're thinking of applying to?

Probably something like biomed. What about you?
Original post by Ls0812
Probably something like biomed. What about you?

im thinking of applying to biomed as a backup too but im really struggling with my ps any tips?
Reply 13
Original post by confuseddstudntt
im thinking of applying to biomed as a backup too but im really struggling with my ps any tips?

I tried to incorporate skills for both professions without naming any of them because they both require similar skills.
We’ll i was initially thinking of optom but realised i would have to make my ps very broad and could really make it weak so I’ve decided to go for biomed instead.The only issue for me is my ps like I’m just not sure how to make it suitable for both but still Strong for PA
Original post by Ls0812
I tried to incorporate skills for both professions without naming any of them because they both require similar skills.

How did u make sure it was still obvious that PA was your main choice if u wouldn’t mind could u send me your ps obviously if u don’t want to I completely understand it’s just that thats the only thing holding me back from applying also where else did u apply for biomed
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 16
How did u make sure it was still obvious that PA was your main choice if u wouldn’t mind could u send me your ps obviously if u don’t want to I completely understand it’s just that thats the only thing holding me back from applying also where else did u apply for biomed

I talked about how I researched the PA profession but also talked about how I’m interested in medical science and went into detail. If ur really set on the PA course and don’t want to do anything else I would mention it a couple times and make it more PA course based. The unis I applied for biomed are literally just ones that are the closest to me because I’m not living out. I really don’t wanna do biomed tho I’m just filling up my options.
Reply 17
We’ll i was initially thinking of optom but realised i would have to make my ps very broad and could really make it weak so I’ve decided to go for biomed instead.The only issue for me is my ps like I’m just not sure how to make it suitable for both but still Strong for PA

If u don’t mind me asking, what a levels do you take?
Original post by Ls0812
I talked about how I researched the PA profession but also talked about how I’m interested in medical science and went into detail. If ur really set on the PA course and don’t want to do anything else I would mention it a couple times and make it more PA course based. The unis I applied for biomed are literally just ones that are the closest to me because I’m not living out. I really don’t wanna do biomed tho I’m just filling up my options.

I might just do an online mooc or something related to biomed and then just add that to my personal statement but still keep it very PA based
Original post by Ls0812
If u don’t mind me asking, what a levels do you take?

I’m doing Bio, chem and sociology

Quick Reply