MPAS Physician Associate Studies 2022 entry

Watch this thread
Ls0812
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi!

This thread is for anyone considering applying to the undergraduate MPAS physician associate studies course for 2022 entry.
I’m only applying to Reading as UCLAN is a bit too far for me.
Is anyone applying to reading?
IDK111
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
Hey I’m thinking of apply too
Ls0812
Rep:
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by IDK111)
Hey I’m thinking of apply too
How are you writing your personal statement because the other option wouldn't physician associate studies? Also what A-levels are you studying?
IDK111
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Hey, Im studying biology psychology and sociology as a levels. Im thinking of studying nursing too, idk how I’m going to plan my personal statements. It’s risky for ONLY 2 unis being PA course so I’m doing 3 others for nursing
Ls0812
Rep:
Hey, Im studying biology psychology and sociology as a levels. Im thinking of studying nursing too, idk how I’m going to plan my personal statements. It’s risky for ONLY 2 unis being PA course so I’m doing 3 others for nursing
That’s great!! I think I’m going to put something like microbiology or medical sciences for my other options
IDK111
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Are you doing a foundation year to get into the PA course ?
Ls0812
Rep:
Are you doing a foundation year to get into the PA course ?
I don’t think you have to do a foundation year. Which uni are u talking about?
IDK111
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Reading and UCLAN because I don’t do chemistry
roodnudul
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Hey I'm thinking of studying something else other than the PA course too but idk how to write about both courses in one personal statement while staying "specific" to one course
Kdgdhfhhf i need helpp
Last edited by roodnudul; 8 months ago
Ls0812
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by roodnudul)
Hey I'm thinking of studying something else other than the PA course too but idk how to write about both courses in one personal statement while staying "specific" to one course
Kdgdhfhhf i need helpp
Yeahhh I’m struggling with this too!!!
roodnudul
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ls0812)
Yeahhh I’m struggling with this too!!!
What is the second course you're thinking of applying to?
Ls0812
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by roodnudul)
What is the second course you're thinking of applying to?
Probably something like biomed. What about you?
confuseddstudntt
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Probably something like biomed. What about you?
im thinking of applying to biomed as a backup too but im really struggling with my ps any tips?
Ls0812
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by confuseddstudntt)
im thinking of applying to biomed as a backup too but im really struggling with my ps any tips?
I tried to incorporate skills for both professions without naming any of them because they both require similar skills.
confuseddstudntt
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
We’ll i was initially thinking of optom but realised i would have to make my ps very broad and could really make it weak so I’ve decided to go for biomed instead.The only issue for me is my ps like I’m just not sure how to make it suitable for both but still Strong for PA
confuseddstudntt
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I tried to incorporate skills for both professions without naming any of them because they both require similar skills.
How did u make sure it was still obvious that PA was your main choice if u wouldn’t mind could u send me your ps obviously if u don’t want to I completely understand it’s just that thats the only thing holding me back from applying also where else did u apply for biomed
Last edited by confuseddstudntt; 7 months ago
Ls0812
Rep:
How did u make sure it was still obvious that PA was your main choice if u wouldn’t mind could u send me your ps obviously if u don’t want to I completely understand it’s just that thats the only thing holding me back from applying also where else did u apply for biomed
I talked about how I researched the PA profession but also talked about how I’m interested in medical science and went into detail. If ur really set on the PA course and don’t want to do anything else I would mention it a couple times and make it more PA course based. The unis I applied for biomed are literally just ones that are the closest to me because I’m not living out. I really don’t wanna do biomed tho I’m just filling up my options.
Ls0812
Rep:
We’ll i was initially thinking of optom but realised i would have to make my ps very broad and could really make it weak so I’ve decided to go for biomed instead.The only issue for me is my ps like I’m just not sure how to make it suitable for both but still Strong for PA
If u don’t mind me asking, what a levels do you take?
confuseddstudntt
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I talked about how I researched the PA profession but also talked about how I’m interested in medical science and went into detail. If ur really set on the PA course and don’t want to do anything else I would mention it a couple times and make it more PA course based. The unis I applied for biomed are literally just ones that are the closest to me because I’m not living out. I really don’t wanna do biomed tho I’m just filling up my options.
I might just do an online mooc or something related to biomed and then just add that to my personal statement but still keep it very PA based
confuseddstudntt
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
If u don’t mind me asking, what a levels do you take?
I’m doing Bio, chem and sociology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (41)
25.95%
As I expected (52)
32.91%
Harder (58)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.43%

Watched Threads