Anyone work at Zara? (terrible experience)

Watch this thread
SongBird2020
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So I work at Zara as a stockroom associate, its my first ever part time job and I just find it extremely stressful and overwhelming. I get constantly shouted at for working too slow and doing things wrong. I haven't been given proper training and I feel like I'm not going to get the hang of it anytime soon. I have to pick 100 items from the stockroom in 1 hour and I can barely manage between 40-50. The managers are always telling me off for not achieving set targets. I'm often working by myself with little to no support from other Co workers and its just making my life really miserable. I only got a 1 month temporary contract and now it's been renewed for an extra month. I have also been called to work extra shifts (overtime). I really want to leave cause I'm not good enough, but at the same time I feel like it's going to be extremely hard to find a new job if I quit. I also NEED the experience on my CV which is more important than anything else. Anyone have any advice? Thanks.
capricious_cat
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
I’m in the same shoes as you honestly… I don’t work for any big brands but I’m at a part time job that I don’t enjoy. I’ve been at this place for three months and I’m looking to quit this week. If you’ve already signed your new contract then I hope you can fulfil it for another month unless you can leave too? I feel like having Zara on your CV will look great even if it was only for two months. I’m sure you’ve gained plenty of experience it’s really not worth it doing something that makes you unhappy constantly… Unless you have bills to pay then that’s another story that I don’t have experience with ^^;;
SongBird2020
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by capricious_cat)
I’m in the same shoes as you honestly… I don’t work for any big brands but I’m at a part time job that I don’t enjoy. I’ve been at this place for three months and I’m looking to quit this week. If you’ve already signed your new contract then I hope you can fulfil it for another month unless you can leave too? I feel like having Zara on your CV will look great even if it was only for two months. I’m sure you’ve gained plenty of experience it’s really not worth it doing something that makes you unhappy constantly… Unless you have bills to pay then that’s another story that I don’t have experience with ^^;;
Hey, I know it's been a few months since this post but how did you get on? Did you end up quitting? Please do let me know thank you
capricious_cat
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by SongBird2020)
Hey, I know it's been a few months since this post but how did you get on? Did you end up quitting? Please do let me know thank you
Hi there, yes I ended up quitting and it wasn't a big issue since it was a cash in hand job. I felt SO MUCH better after I quit and I haven't really been on a job hunt since because I ended up being swamped with coursework ^^;; But I did become a student ambassador for events at school to get a little bit of money here and there, plus hopefully the experience may be good to put into my CV later too.
SongBird2020
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi there, yes I ended up quitting and it wasn't a big issue since it was a cash in hand job. I felt SO MUCH better after I quit and I haven't really been on a job hunt since because I ended up being swamped with coursework ^^;; But I did become a student ambassador for events at school to get a little bit of money here and there, plus hopefully the experience may be good to put into my CV later too.
Hi that's good to hear that you quit and feel much better. I also quit my job and feel so relieved so I can focus on uni. My mental wellbeing is so much better.. But at the same time I feel bad for quitting after only 6 months because I was made permanent there and I'm scared if I find it hard to find another job after uni cause I don't know if 6 months of retail experience is good enough for my CV. I think I made the right decision because I absolutely hated my job but at the same time I don't know if I would be worse off in the long term for being unemployed
capricious_cat
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I completely understand how you feel about the difficulty of finding another job, but I feel like you've got your foot in the door with that job since I feel like it's really the people skills that employers are looking for and Zara probably hired you because you have that With you being in Uni, I think it's completely understandable that you might not be employed for the long term and your future employers are probably more interested in internships/experiences that are related to your field of study. But I'm glad that you've gotten out of the unpleasant situation and I'm sure you'll land a job that you'll be happier doing if you start looking again ^^ Good luck!
SongBird2020
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I completely understand how you feel about the difficulty of finding another job, but I feel like you've got your foot in the door with that job since I feel like it's really the people skills that employers are looking for and Zara probably hired you because you have that With you being in Uni, I think it's completely understandable that you might not be employed for the long term and your future employers are probably more interested in internships/experiences that are related to your field of study. But I'm glad that you've gotten out of the unpleasant situation and I'm sure you'll land a job that you'll be happier doing if you start looking again ^^ Good luck!
Thank you yes you are completely right! I only used Uni to as an excuse to get out of that horrible place and I should develop my CV in other ways which are more related to my degree. I'm also glad you feel happier and I hope you find something you enjoy too ! Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.14%
It went fairly well (237)
47.31%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.97%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.58%

Watched Threads