The Student Room Group

NHS job applications: haven't heard back?

I have been desperately searching for employment in the past 2 months and I am particularly interested in healthcare. Over the past few weeks, I have applied for a couple of NHS jobs and apprenticeships but haven't had a response from most of them.

For one of the apprenticeships: I applied just over 2 weeks ago and I also sent a follow-up e-mail 3 days ago. Yet I haven't heard anything back. The closing date is August 30th so I'm wondering if I still have a chance - seeing as the vacancy is still open to applicants?

I was invited to interview for 1 role but didn't attend. This was about 1 week after I applied.

Does anybody have any knowledge of the NHS job application process? I find it really confusing and vague.
(edited 2 years ago)
why did you not go to the interview if you’re desperate for a job
Original post by camcole44
I have been desperately searching for employment in the past 2 months and I am particularly interested in healthcare. Over the past few weeks, I have applied for a couple of NHS jobs and apprenticeships but haven't had a response from most of them.

For one of the apprenticeships: I applied just over 2 weeks ago and I also sent a follow-up e-mail 3 days ago. Yet I haven't heard anything back. The closing date is August 30th so I'm wondering if I still have a chance - seeing as the vacancy is still open to applicants?

I was invited to interview for 1 role but didn't attend. This was about 1 week after I applied.

Does anybody have any knowledge of the NHS job application process? I find it really confusing and vague.

My son has just gone through the recruitment process for a job in the NHS, they take their time I can tell you. I wouldn't expect to here back from them until at least September if the closing date is August 30th.
Original post by lucyyy12
why did you not go to the interview if you’re desperate for a job

I couldn't attend the interview due to personal reasons. This doesn't answer my question
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by harrysbar
My son has just gone through the recruitment process for a job in the NHS, they take their time I can tell you. I wouldn't expect to here back from them until at least September if the closing date is August 30th.

Thank you for the reassurance, this gives me a little bit of hope
Original post by camcole44

You won't hear back until the closing date. It might even be a few weeks after that, because they need to go through all of the applications and shortlist candidates.
You are unlikely to hear back before Mid-September at the very earliest, more likely end of September, especially if it is a sought after role.

Quick Reply

Latest