The Student Room Group

hearing voices help

I want to be referred on to a mental hospital because I am hearing voices and seeing things that aren’t there. I was hoping to first see a psychiatrist to get medication and if it gets worse then to consider sectioning me, I just don’t know how to go about doing this?
Go see your gp and ask for a referral to a psychiatrist. Hearing voices isn't sufficient to be sectioned or admitted, I heard then for 3 years before my first hospital admission.
you probably don't need to be in a psych ward unless the things you hear/see make you worry you might harm yourself or others.
if you do see a psychiatrist, please read up on whatever medications you might be recommended (many people's psychiatrists don't provide full information about side effects due to not trusting a mentally ill patient to consent to them otherwise).
The first step is probably to get a referral from your GP
Reply 3
Original post by Sabertooth
Go see your gp and ask for a referral to a psychiatrist. Hearing voices isn't sufficient to be sectioned or admitted, I heard then for 3 years before my first hospital admission.

wow I don’t think I can handle 3 years of hearing voices its too much
Original post by Anonymous
wow I don’t think I can handle 3 years of hearing voices its too much

It has now been 11 years. :sigh:

Medication can help.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
It has now been 11 years. :sigh:

oh wow, I only hear it in one area of my house, my bedroom, I’m starting to think its haunted
Reply 6
I feel like the wind is talking to me
oh wow, I only hear it in one area of my house, my bedroom, I’m starting to think its haunted

I don't believe in ghosts and would recommend talking to your gp. Medication can make a big difference and stop things getting worse.
Reply 8
I don't believe in ghosts and would recommend talking to your gp. Medication can make a big difference and stop things getting worse.

do you ever feel like the wind howling is like people talking?
do you ever feel like the wind howling is like people talking?

No but sometimes walls and plants talk to me. I also hear a woman screaming in the shower.
(edited 2 years ago)
No but sometimes walls and plants talk to me. I also hear a woman screaming in the shower.

I feel like someone is calling me when I am running water
my family wanted me to be referred to a psych ward 3 years ago but the ambulance said my body can’t handle it

Quick Reply

Latest