Corona before second jab

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just wondering, what happens if you get corona before getting the second jab. I mean you have to wait like 2 months between doses so it seems very possible. So like what happens, do you still take the second jab or do you have to wait?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
What do you mean by ‘very possible’? Yes there is an 8-12 week wait between doses, but that doesn’t mean you’ll catch COVID in between? Why would it? Millions have now had both doses without any issue.

As long as you’re sensible and don’t do stupid things like going out clubbing, you’ll be fine.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What do you mean by ‘very possible’? Yes there is an 8-12 week wait between doses, but that doesn’t mean you’ll catch COVID in between? Why would it? Millions have now had both doses without any issue.

As long as you’re sensible and don’t do stupid things like going out clubbing, you’ll be fine.
My dad works at a nightclub.. so I’m concerned
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just wondering, what happens if you get corona before getting the second jab. I mean you have to wait like 2 months between doses so it seems very possible. So like what happens, do you still take the second jab or do you have to wait?
I don't think you can get the vaccine if you have very recently had or currently have COVID, so I presume your next dose would get delayed if that's the case.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
There are walk in centres that will do it earlier in certain places (London for example) but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you have a good reason for wanting an earlier one
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
You have to wait 28 days from the date you tested positive before being vaccinated. If you test positive within 28 days of your second dose, you would still need to wait for the 28 days to be up before having it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
There are walk in centres that will do it earlier in certain places (London for example) but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you have a good reason for wanting an earlier one
(Original post by Talon)
You have to wait 28 days from the date you tested positive before being vaccinated. If you test positive within 28 days of your second dose, you would still need to wait for the 28 days to be up before having it.
Thank you guys for the info. Although I've already had the second dose now with no problems and I didn't end up getting covid so hurray for that lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads