The Student Room Group

Corona before second jab

Just wondering, what happens if you get corona before getting the second jab. I mean you have to wait like 2 months between doses so it seems very possible. So like what happens, do you still take the second jab or do you have to wait?
What do you mean by ‘very possible’? Yes there is an 8-12 week wait between doses, but that doesn’t mean you’ll catch COVID in between? Why would it? Millions have now had both doses without any issue.

As long as you’re sensible and don’t do stupid things like going out clubbing, you’ll be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
What do you mean by ‘very possible’? Yes there is an 8-12 week wait between doses, but that doesn’t mean you’ll catch COVID in between? Why would it? Millions have now had both doses without any issue.

As long as you’re sensible and don’t do stupid things like going out clubbing, you’ll be fine.

My dad works at a nightclub.. so I’m concerned
Just wondering, what happens if you get corona before getting the second jab. I mean you have to wait like 2 months between doses so it seems very possible. So like what happens, do you still take the second jab or do you have to wait?

I don't think you can get the vaccine if you have very recently had or currently have COVID, so I presume your next dose would get delayed if that's the case.
There are walk in centres that will do it earlier in certain places (London for example) but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you have a good reason for wanting an earlier one
Reply 5

You have to wait 28 days from the date you tested positive before being vaccinated. If you test positive within 28 days of your second dose, you would still need to wait for the 28 days to be up before having it.
Reply 6
Original post by harrysbar
There are walk in centres that will do it earlier in certain places (London for example) but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you have a good reason for wanting an earlier one

Original post by Talon
You have to wait 28 days from the date you tested positive before being vaccinated. If you test positive within 28 days of your second dose, you would still need to wait for the 28 days to be up before having it.

Thank you guys for the info. Although I've already had the second dose now with no problems and I didn't end up getting covid so hurray for that lol.

Quick Reply

Latest