The Student Room Group

strict mother doesn't want me to study abroad in UK

I am an international future applicant for 2022 in the UK at LSE, KCL etc and my mother not only does not help me under any form to accomplish this dream of mine, but also she s being toxic and disowns me.
I was wondering if there are any other students which are familiar with this messed up situation.
If so, what is your plan? How do you manage it?
Thank you
Bumping this for you.
Original post by Anonymous
I am an international future applicant for 2022 in the UK at LSE, KCL etc and my mother not only does not help me under any form to accomplish this dream of mine, but also she s being toxic and disowns me.
I was wondering if there are any other students which are familiar with this messed up situation.
If so, what is your plan? How do you manage it?
Thank you

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about your situation, it must be highly frustrating and stressful to not be supported with your dreams of studying in the UK. I think that you should be able to make your own reasoned decision on this, what is your mother's key reasons for preventing you from studying in the UK? Is she worrying about your travelling to a different country to study, if so, what could you discuss together to address her fears for you?

I hope that you can resolve this problem.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest