The Student Room Group

How do I change my course through clearing?

I applied for pharmacy and firmed Nottingham and insured Reading, however I have changed my mind and want to do a different course entirely. Is it as simply as on results day (tomorrow eek) I decline my offers and go into clearing for the course I want? And alsocan I decline pharmacy at Nottingham (if I get in) and then go through clearing for a different course, still at Nottingham? This is very last minute, thanks for the help! <3
Original post by akuaaaaaa
I applied for pharmacy and firmed Nottingham and insured Reading, however I have changed my mind and want to do a different course entirely. Is it as simply as on results day (tomorrow eek) I decline my offers and go into clearing for the course I want? And alsocan I decline pharmacy at Nottingham (if I get in) and then go through clearing for a different course, still at Nottingham? This is very last minute, thanks for the help! <3

If you want to swap course at Nottingham then email them TODAY and let them know that.
You don't need to use clearing to swap course at a university. The university can make that change for you if they agree
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If you want to swap course at Nottingham then email them TODAY and let them know that.
You don't need to use clearing to swap course at a university. The university can make that change for you if they agree

Okay, thanks. Do you know which email I should email, I can't find any specific one. Also, I was planning on doing it through clearing because the required grades through clearing according to the nottingham website for the course is BBC, however the normal entre requirments are ABB. Will swapping the course today mean I have to meet the usual ABB requirements?
Okay, thanks. Do you know which email I should email, I can't find any specific one. Also, I was planning on doing it through clearing because the required grades through clearing according to the nottingham website for the course is BBC, however the normal entre requirments are ABB. Will swapping the course today mean I have to meet the usual ABB requirements?

Use the online form if you haven't been given an email to contact https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/enquiry.aspx

You do NOT use clearing to swap course at your firm. If you try to do this you'll cause all sorts of complications. Just ask them to change you course.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Use the online form if you haven't been given an email to contact https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/enquiry.aspx

You do NOT use clearing to swap course at your firm. If you try to do this you'll cause all sorts of complications. Just ask them to change you course.

Hi, thanks so much for your help. My concern though is that I don't think i'll get the grades for the course I orignally applied for at Nottingham, so it won't be swapping tomorrow, it will just be clearing, will that cause complications still?
Hi, thanks so much for your help. My concern though is that I don't think i'll get the grades for the course I orignally applied for at Nottingham, so it won't be swapping tomorrow, it will just be clearing, will that cause complications still?

that's why it's important to contact them ASAP and let them know you want to swap. If you've missed your grades then they'll be considering you for the right course and not your original course.

All you can do it contact them and then see what Track says tomorrow.
Reply 6
Thank you I understand now, when getting in contact do I simply make the request, or do I need to give reasoons in a "selling myself" sort of way?
Thank you I understand now, when getting in contact do I simply make the request, or do I need to give reasoons in a "selling myself" sort of way?

Just explain that you no longer want to do Pharmacy and would like to be considered for xxxx instead. They'll get in touch tomorrow if they need more information
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Just explain that you no longer want to do Pharmacy and would like to be considered for xxxx instead. They'll get in touch tomorrow if they need more information

Okay, you're a lifesaver! :smile: <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending