Chk02
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chk02)
I applied for the HR Graduate Programme and completed my VI on 29th. Waiting to hear back on the result.
Just received a request to retake the video interview as there were issues with the assessment. Did anyone face a similar situation?
kvrlstf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mbaby)
Wow that’s amazing, well done!! I just completed my VI today so hopefully I pass. If you don’t mind me asking, what programme did you apply for?
Thank you! 😊 I applied to commercial - products and propositions in Manchester. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
mbaby
Badges: 9
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kvrlstf)
Thank you! 😊 I applied to commercial - products and propositions in Manchester. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
I applied to the CB customer products and propositions programme as well in London!
kgstewart
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey, I have my online interview with NatWest soon and I know there's basic competency questions but I hear there is around 4/5 points/questions to cover in each of your answers. I'm not at all asking for the actual questions as I know that's unfair to other candidates but just a general idea of what these additional points are like that we must cover in our answer, just to get a general idea of what I should prepare for. I've never done anything like this before so am in the dark a bit. If anyone has any tips I'd be very grateful.
Scouselad96
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kgstewart)
Hey, I have my online interview with NatWest soon and I know there's basic competency questions but I hear there is around 4/5 points/questions to cover in each of your answers. I'm not at all asking for the actual questions as I know that's unfair to other candidates but just a general idea of what these additional points are like that we must cover in our answer, just to get a general idea of what I should prepare for. I've never done anything like this before so am in the dark a bit. If anyone has any tips I'd be very grateful.
Hey, to prepare I would really make sure you research NatWest and the scheme you have applied for. Make sure you've looked at the culture of the company and their values. Try not to panic and my biggest tip would be make sure you're maintaining eye contact with your webcam! Best of luck
catherineWong
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have just applied for the NatWest markets grad programme. They did not ask for a CV, is this a bit weird ? anyone got the same ?
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by catherineWong)
They did not ask for a CV, is this a bit weird ?
No.

anyone got the same ?
Yes.
MSS1308
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is the numerical reasoning timed per question like on the Korn Ferry practice one, or are we given an overall time for all 16 questions? Am struggling to complete them within the time allowance :/
Scouselad96
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MSS1308)
Is the numerical reasoning timed per question like on the Korn Ferry practice one, or are we given an overall time for all 16 questions? Am struggling to complete them within the time allowance :/
Yes, there's a time limit per question just like the practice questions.
Proxenus
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
why all there always threads for banking schemes and none for engineering or others
alp817
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just got my email saying I haven’t been successful in the online assessment does anyone know if we get feedback, or if we are told what part we failed on? Because i thought we only got to the next test if we passed the first so did i fail the final video interview? Any help would be appreciated, and good luck everyone who gets to the AC!
0le
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Proxenus)
why all there always threads for banking schemes and none for engineering or others
No one cares as much for engineering and fewer engineering jobs. Sad but true.

(Original post by alp817)
Just got my email saying I haven’t been successful in the online assessment does anyone know if we get feedback, or if we are told what part we failed on? Because i thought we only got to the next test if we passed the first so did i fail the final video interview? Any help would be appreciated, and good luck everyone who gets to the AC!
No feedback. You are not told explicitly why you failed.
Last edited by 0le; 2 weeks ago
sol921
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, you receive no feedback for the psychometric tests. If you pass them, you automatically progress to the VI. Which means you didn't pass the VI stage.

If you don't mind, could I ask what programme you applied to?
NickLeach99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I submitted VI 9 days ago and still havent heard, I assume thats bad news?
NickLeach99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You would have failed the VI as you cant progress unless you've passed every other one. I wouldn't worry too much Natwest use AI on this round so it was probably that you weren't looking at the camera enough, your speech didnt flow as nice as it should etc. Its bordering on criminal that they are allowed to use AI in this process
EzRAaeel
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How difficult is NatWest online assessments compared to the big 4? thanks.
NickLeach99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just found out today I passed which is good news. Anyone know how many people get shortlisted for AC's from people who pass this stage? I feel like there still might be a hard chance to get them
sol921
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NickLeach99)
Just found out today I passed which is good news. Anyone know how many people get shortlisted for AC's from people who pass this stage? I feel like there still might be a hard chance to get them
Congrats! I found out yday that I passed the VI. I've never applied to graduate schemes before so I don't know if this is a regular thing but I find it peculiar that those who have passed all of the stages might not be invited for the AC.

Ah well, I guess we just have to wait and see. No idea if they do it on a rolling basis or what. Good luck to you though, hopefully, we'll hear back relatively soon.
NickLeach99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sol921)
Congrats! I found out yday that I passed the VI. I've never applied to graduate schemes before so I don't know if this is a regular thing but I find it peculiar that those who have passed all of the stages might not be invited for the AC.

Ah well, I guess we just have to wait and see. No idea if they do it on a rolling basis or what. Good luck to you though, hopefully, we'll hear back relatively soon.
Hey man thanks so much. Congratulations to you too. No it is very rare they do it like this, usually if you pass this stage you are straight to an assessment centre. It is to do with the use of AI, basically what I think will happen now is that an actual human will assess your video interview and determine if you make it to the AC. Yes they usually do on rolling basis as well so we might be too late but fingers crossed, good luck to you mate!
sol921
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NickLeach99)
Hey man thanks so much. Congratulations to you too. No it is very rare they do it like this, usually if you pass this stage you are straight to an assessment centre. It is to do with the use of AI, basically what I think will happen now is that an actual human will assess your video interview and determine if you make it to the AC. Yes they usually do on rolling basis as well so we might be too late but fingers crossed, good luck to you mate!
Thank you!

I guess that makes sense. I know it's just speculation, but if it is decided on a rolling basis then I don't think we're likely to be 'too late' as we've reached this stage quite early on in the Natwest recruitment window.

Anyway, I guess I'll put it out of my mind for now. Hopefully, people here will post when they receive AC invites so I have a reference point haha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (152)
84.92%
No (27)
15.08%

Watched Threads