The Student Room Group

Previous study exemption - Occupational Therapy

PLEASE HELP!

I have applied for SLC(SFE) funding for Occupational Therapy (BSc) starting in September 2021 and have a place at Salford univeristy.

I previously studied a Classics in 2013 but had to leave due to poor health in 2015. My understanding was that Occupational Therapy was subjected to the exception rules re. previous study, and therefore I would still receive student finance funding (tuition fees and maintence).

However I received my funding offer from student finance today and have been told that because I did not finish the course, the previous study exception does not apply and I will only receive one year of tuition fee loans.

I was just hoping for some clarity on the situation as I will not be able to attend the course without tuition fee funding.

Thank you
Rhianne
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by rhibeh
PLEASE HELP!

I have applied for SLC(SFE) funding for Occupational Therapy (BSc) starting in September 2021 and have a place at Salford univeristy.

I previously studied a Classics in 2013 but had to leave due to poor health in 2015. My understanding was that Occupational Therapy was subjected to the exception rules re. previous study, and therefore I would still receive student finance funding (tuition fees and maintence).

However I received my funding offer from student finance today and have been told that because I did not finish the course, the previous study exception does not apply and I will only receive one year of tuition fee loans.

I was just hoping for some clarity on the situation as I will not be able to attend the course without tuition fee funding.

Thank you
Rhianne

Hi, your previous study will not affect your eligibility for the occupational therapy course. You will be funded for all years as long as you meet the residency criteria.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending