I feel like I'm way too competitive: about UCAS

Watch
username5814355
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Sometimes I feel as though I should not post anything about the subjects I do, what course I want to do, why I'm doing it and the activities I've done for my personal statement simply out of fear that another student wandering around tsr who might happen to be applying for the same course, will end up using my information in their personal statement.

Can anyone offer me advice on how to tackle this?
Last edited by username5814355; 2 months ago
tlewis04
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Trobetare)
Sometimes I feel as though I would not post anything about the subjects I do, what subject I want to do, why I'm doing it and the activities I've done for my personal statement simply put of fear that another student wandering around tsr who might happen to be applying for the same course, will end up using my information in their personal statement.
I think your personal statement should be adapted enough to only represent you. Be specific and use generics alike but make it more difficult for people to adapt your ideas into their own statement. I wrote mine and the teachers said not one person could take anything from it because it just wouldn’t sound like them
username5814355
Rep:
?
(Original post by tlewis04)
I think your personal statement should be adapted enough to only represent you. Be specific and use generics alike but make it more difficult for people to adapt your ideas into their own statement. I wrote mine and the teachers said not one person could take anything from it because it just wouldn’t sound like them
Thank you so much! Now that I realise it, mine is pretty niche and I don't think people would do nor say the things in my personal statement.
Last edited by username5814355; 2 months ago
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you so much! Now that I realise it, mine is pretty niche and I don't think people would do nor say the things in my personal statement.
Some universities might interview applicants as well and ask questions about the personal statement, it is in everyone's best interest to be original asdfjs
username5814355
Rep:
?
I guess this paranoia came about because I've put a lot of work into my personal statement and UCAS in general right from the start of Year 12.
sportyegg
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
get off ye high horse not that deep x
username5814355
Rep:
?
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
Some universities might interview applicants as well and ask questions about the personal statement, it is in everyone's best interest to be original asdfjs
Thank you! The courses I'm applying for don't offer interviews so it really is down to my personal statement. I'm just glad that it's representative and unique.
username5581402
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
that doesn't really happen
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by yeye21)
that doesn't really happen
:eek4: wait what
tlewis04
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You’re very welcome. Also, if they copy then more fool them because if they can’t think up their own personal statement then that says something about them. At least you put the effort in to come up with your own. I wouldn’t worry. Mine was written as if I’d gone to formal classes apparently😹
sciencegcsesss
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 hours ago
(Original post by username5814355)
I guess this paranoia came about because I've put a lot of work into my personal statement and UCAS in general right from the start of Year 12.
What work have you done? Just wondering because I’m in year 12 and I need to push myself.
Last edited by sciencegcsesss; 6 hours ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 hours ago
:eek4: wait what
Most courses don't interview, it's mainly down to the information on the UCAS app.

But what'll really annoy the OP is if they find out how many courses barely look at the personal statement.
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
?
Report 4 hours ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Most courses don't interview, it's mainly down to the information on the UCAS app.

But what'll really annoy the OP is if they find out how many courses barely look at the personal statement.
This is good to know - although I can understand why courses might not look at the PS wouldn't be surprised if more than one student but a load of rubbish on :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads