The Student Room Group

Is 18 and 26 too weird?

so i’ve just started seeing this guy
i’m 18 and he’s 26 and everyone i know has told me that it’s weird of him to be attracted to an 18 year old but i see nothing wrong with it at all
they say just because it’s legal doesnt mean its right but idk if im just blind because i like him
Older men and younger women is actually normal.
Didn't you already post this this morning??
Original post by Anonymous
so i’ve just started seeing this guy
i’m 18 and he’s 26 and everyone i know has told me that it’s weird of him to be attracted to an 18 year old but i see nothing wrong with it at all
they say just because it’s legal doesnt mean its right but idk if im just blind because i like him

In theory it's ok but if you're not very experienced relationship wise there could be a power imbalance

I wouldn't immediately assume this though , but note also you may be at different stages in your life which could also pose a hindrance
I feel like it's pretty normal for women to go for older men once they hit their 20s, but at 18 you may not have that much experience. Oftentimes there's a reason he won't be with someone his own age.
I mean I wouldn't do it but if it works for you then go ahead.
Absolutely.. you're being groomed or you're grooming him rather. You're a minor and he's an old man. It's time to cut him off before this gets serious. You need to be at least 20 to even consider dating someone that old.
(edited 2 years ago)
It's not the norm but it's not a problem. You're both consenting adults.

I'm 37 and my husband is 44.
That doesn't sound weird at all, but we met and got engaged when I was 17 and he was 24.
Everybody said it wouldn't last... but here we are 20 years later with four kids and a marriage of 16 years.
perfectly fine. age difference loses significance as you get older
Reply 9
Original post by cheerIeader
Absolutely.. you're being groomed or you're grooming him rather. You're a minor and he's an old man. It's time to cut him off before this gets serious. You need to be at least 20 to even consider dating someone that old.

Lol what??????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending