The Student Room Group

Ucas situation for results

Hi, sorry I’m pestering on this site lol. But basically I am a private candidate student and I’m worrying whether I’ll get my results ASAP or if I’ll have to let the uni know itself. This is because my private examination centre wasn’t on the ucas list of schools so I had to put it manually ( just with the name and location ). Will UCAS automatically get my results tomorrow since I’m a private candidate?
Hia!

It sounds like you should either receive your results directly from your assessment centre or they will be sent automatically to UCAS. Of course, to know for sure I would recommend contacting your examination centre which should be open fairly early on results day or even better still contact them today. here is a link I found for private candidate students on the official UCAS website:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/advice-private-candidates-summer-2021

Hope this helps! and good luck tomorrow

Ben - UoP rep :tongue:

Original post by cupcakkeeee21
Hi, sorry I’m pestering on this site lol. But basically I am a private candidate student and I’m worrying whether I’ll get my results ASAP or if I’ll have to let the uni know itself. This is because my private examination centre wasn’t on the ucas list of schools so I had to put it manually ( just with the name and location ). Will UCAS automatically get my results tomorrow since I’m a private candidate?
Original post by cupcakkeeee21

If, for some reason, UCAS or your university have not automatically got your results, you'll have no decision tomorrow.

If you have no decision, you should call the uni ASAP and ask what they need to come to a decision. If they don't have your results, you can then provide them to the uni. If you've met your offer, they will still accept you.

There's not really anything else you can do at this stage, but this does happen to a small number of applicants every year, and although it's a hassle to sort out, it's nothing to worry about as long as you act quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending