The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth marjon and Plymouth uni.

A bit of a strange question here.

So just wondering as I'm going to Plymouth to study I was just wondering how closely linked two universities in a place are. I mean they have varsity but I mean I'm at Plymouth marjon and I'm wondering how closely they link and work with Plymouth University.

But of an odd one.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 🙂
Original post by Kentinho99
A bit of a strange question here.

So just wondering as I'm going to Plymouth to study I was just wondering how closely linked two universities in a place are. I mean they have varsity but I mean I'm at Plymouth marjon and I'm wondering how closely they link and work with Plymouth University.

But of an odd one.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 🙂

Hi Kentinho99!

The University of Plymouth and the University of Mark and St John are separate Universities. Perhaps it could be thought of in a way of Bath vs Bath Spa, or Liverpool vs John Moores. They are their own institutions within the same locality, they are not partners sharing a curriculum, though will be able to offer students different courses and learning experiences because of this.

I went to Plymouth but made friends with people who went to Marjon, and one of my colleagues even studied at Marjon!

Here's a bit of info about our North Plymouth campus:

Four miles north of the main campus and close to Derriford Hospital, you’ll find the purpose-built, multi-million pound Peninsula Allied Health Centre based on the University of St Mark & St John (Marjon) campus. It’s where you’ll study if you’re on the Dietetic, Occupational Therapy, Operating Department Practice, Physiotherapy or Podiatry course.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any specific questions about Plymouth! :smile:

Luke - University of Plymouth
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by University of Plymouth
Hi Kentinho99!

The University of Plymouth and the University of Mark and St John are separate Universities. Perhaps it could be thought of in a way of Bath vs Bath Spa, or Liverpool vs John Moores. They are their own institutions within the same locality, they are not partners sharing a curriculum, though will be able to offer students different courses and learning experiences because of this.

I went to Plymouth but made friends with people who went to Marjon, and one of my colleagues even studied at Marjon!

Here's a bit of info about our North Plymouth campus:

Four miles north of the main campus and close to Derriford Hospital, you’ll find the purpose-built, multi-million pound Peninsula Allied Health Centre based on the University of St Mark & St John (Marjon) campus. It’s where you’ll study if you’re on the Dietetic, Occupational Therapy, Operating Department Practice, Physiotherapy or Podiatry course.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any specific questions about Plymouth! :smile:

Hi,

No I was just wondering if thry had any links. Apart from varsity.

I'm going to Plymouth Marjon University in September and I just wondered if the universities came together for charity events or anything apart from varsity that's all. No I would love to participate in varsity one year. But thank you for the information though 🙂
Original post by Kentinho99
Hi,

No I was just wondering if thry had any links. Apart from varsity.

I'm going to Plymouth Marjon University in September and I just wondered if the universities came together for charity events or anything apart from varsity that's all. No I would love to participate in varsity one year. But thank you for the information though 🙂

Ahh I see - I'm not aware of any charitable links off the top of my head but if I come across any I will be sure to pop back here and drop some more info!

If there isn't anything along those lines currently, maybe you could become a pioneer for Plymouth and get something started between the two unis!?

Original post by University of Plymouth
Ahh I see - I'm not aware of any charitable links off the top of my head but if I come across any I will be sure to pop back here and drop some more info!

If there isn't anything along those lines currently, maybe you could become a pioneer for Plymouth and get something started between the two unis!?

That's actually a great idea I'll suggest it. Thank you. I mean as I'm into sport it may be some sort of sports activity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending