The Student Room Group

I’m scared I’m In love with my best friend (same sex) but I don’t think I’m bi

I’m writing here because it’s getting so painful and I don’t know what to do, I don’t know if I’m just getting confused with how I feel because of how close we are or because Ive been single for a year and a half or what. I always thought I was straight which confused me even more because I’ve never liked a girl before. We live together which makes it even more complicated and it’s just us two since we wanted to get a flat together for uni. I don’t know if it’s just my brain getting confused since we legit do everything together or maybe Iv never had someone care so much about me or maybe I’m just lonely, I really don’t know. It’s like I’m not looking for a relationship or anything right now because I’m happy it just being us every day.

She’s bi and is more into girls which makes it even more confusing. I first realised i liked her around Christmas when i had a dream about her and us like being together and it’s just grown since then. I don’t think she likes me back tho because she treats me like a friend. We fight like we’re in a relationship though and have petty arguments and get jealous of each other. It’s just so confusing. She always tells me how much she loves me and how much she needs me, she tells me everything and when we go back to our parents houses she tells me how she misses me, and when she hangs out with other ppl she says she wishes i was there or if we hang out in a group we’ll just go off together. idk if we’re just super close, I might just be confusing that kind of relationship since Iv been single for so long. I think I’m really attached to her.

It’s getting painful though because I check my phone all the time when I go back home and she bearly msgs, I know she’s really busy with her life at home but I just don’t know why I can’t just be busy with my life and i don’t know why I just constantly think about her when we’re apart. I wish I could just stop thinking about it, it’s so painful, I know she doesn’t feel the same.
Maybe you're questioning at the moment? Remember you don't actually need to have labels as such, take your time to think things through and make a decision when it's right for you.
I think just try to keep a clear head and see which way the wind blows. Sometimes trying to figure yourself out can be hard and the best thing to do is just wait and see what happens with time. Maybe try telling her that you're questioning your sexuality and see how she responds. I'm sure she'll be supportive even if it turns out you're straight.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe you're questioning at the moment? Remember you don't actually need to have labels as such, take your time to think things through and make a decision when it's right for you.

Alright I’ll try that, that’s helpful, thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Jolhihilhil
I think just try to keep a clear head and see which way the wind blows. Sometimes trying to figure yourself out can be hard and the best thing to do is just wait and see what happens with time. Maybe try telling her that you're questioning your sexuality and see how she responds. I'm sure she'll be supportive even if it turns out you're straight.

She already knows that I’m questioning it and she’s been so helpful and gave me advice about my sexuality and stuff and said even if I do turn out I’m straight it’s ok to atleast question. But yea I’ll just wait and see what happens I suppose, maybe it’ll turn out I’m just dependent on her
Are you sexually attracted to her? Could you picture her being your wife?
I’m writing here because it’s getting so painful and I don’t know what to do, I don’t know if I’m just getting confused with how I feel because of how close we are or because Ive been single for a year and a half or what. I always thought I was straight which confused me even more because I’ve never liked a girl before. We live together which makes it even more complicated and it’s just us two since we wanted to get a flat together for uni. I don’t know if it’s just my brain getting confused since we legit do everything together or maybe Iv never had someone care so much about me or maybe I’m just lonely, I really don’t know. It’s like I’m not looking for a relationship or anything right now because I’m happy it just being us every day.

She’s bi and is more into girls which makes it even more confusing. I first realised i liked her around Christmas when i had a dream about her and us like being together and it’s just grown since then. I don’t think she likes me back tho because she treats me like a friend. We fight like we’re in a relationship though and have petty arguments and get jealous of each other. It’s just so confusing. She always tells me how much she loves me and how much she needs me, she tells me everything and when we go back to our parents houses she tells me how she misses me, and when she hangs out with other ppl she says she wishes i was there or if we hang out in a group we’ll just go off together. idk if we’re just super close, I might just be confusing that kind of relationship since Iv been single for so long. I think I’m really attached to her.

It’s getting painful though because I check my phone all the time when I go back home and she bearly msgs, I know she’s really busy with her life at home but I just don’t know why I can’t just be busy with my life and i don’t know why I just constantly think about her when we’re apart. I wish I could just stop thinking about it, it’s so painful, I know she doesn’t feel the same.

It sounds like you are into her, even if romantically and not sexually. Can you imagine kissing her/are you attracted to her?

It's completely fine not to have a label or know what your sexuality is :smile: Also just because you're only attracted to her and not other girls, doesn't mean you're not bi - bi is not a 50/50 split. It could be that you develop feelings for girls (or people in general) when you get to know them e.g. demisexual. There are so many sexualities and you don't need to have it figured out :nah:
Reply 7
Original post by BurstingBubbles
It sounds like you are into her, even if romantically and not sexually. Can you imagine kissing her/are you attracted to her?

It's completely fine not to have a label or know what your sexuality is :smile: Also just because you're only attracted to her and not other girls, doesn't mean you're not bi - bi is not a 50/50 split. It could be that you develop feelings for girls (or people in general) when you get to know them e.g. demisexual. There are so many sexualities and you don't need to have it figured out :nah:

Every time I try to imagine kissing her it just feels rly wrong, It feels nice when we hug tho or hold hands, I do think I am attracted to her, she’s super pretty to me. We have also talked about me being demi sexual too, maybe that would make sense, I do the same with guys too but I definitely am more sexually attracted to guys. She told me I could be bi-romantic, idk if you have heard of that. But I’ll try not to get too caught up in the labels
Reply 8
Original post by Son of the Sea
Are you sexually attracted to her? Could you picture her being your wife?

I do find her attractive but imagining anymore just feels wrong to me, like I shouldn’t be doing it, I really don’t know what it
Every time I try to imagine kissing her it just feels rly wrong, It feels nice when we hug tho or hold hands, I do think I am attracted to her, she’s super pretty to me. We have also talked about me being demi sexual too, maybe that would make sense, I do the same with guys too but I definitely am more sexually attracted to guys. She told me I could be bi-romantic, idk if you have heard of that. But I’ll try not to get too caught up in the labels

Is that internalised homophobia though? I used to get that too. Yeah I've heard of most sexualities by now :tongue:

I'm still not 100% on my label - it's either bisexual or pansexual (basically I can be attracted to someone of any gender. Some people say bi is just male or female, others say it means two or more genders). But to be honest the label doesn't really matter to me, all I care about is the fact I've got a beautiful fiancée who will be my wife in April. I'm still attracted to guys but that doesn't matter, just part of who I am :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending