The Student Room Group

GCSE prep-HELPPPP

As a part of my whole GCSE process, I will be applying to 6th forms and i'm hoping to apply to a grammar 6th form. I am taking the foundation maths paper for my October mocks- which will have the grades that will be sent to my 6th form however in the foundation paper if I achieve a strong grade 5, then I can attempt a higher maths paper and the higher results can be put on my application. Since the grade from the higher paper will be on my application, if everything goes to plan, do you think this will hinder in the way of getting into a grammar 6th form?
ps my reference and personal statement is looking to be great and I am taking higher french and science.
Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by imaanali1
As a part of my whole GCSE process, I will be applying to 6th forms and i'm hoping to apply to a grammar 6th form. I am taking the foundation maths paper for my October mocks- which will have the grades that will be sent to my 6th form however in the foundation paper if I achieve a strong grade 5, then I can attempt a higher maths paper and the higher results can be put on my application. Since the grade from the higher paper will be on my application, if everything goes to plan, do you think this will hinder in the way of getting into a grammar 6th form?
ps my reference and personal statement is looking to be great and I am taking higher french and science.
Thanks

It really depends on what courses you are looking to do and the grammar school's requirements, no one can really tell if you'll be accepted or not as every Sixth Form is different. Check the Sixth Form's website on entry requirements and what the minimum grade you'll need for maths is. If you are looking to take A-Level Mathematics most Sixth Form's usually want a grade 6/7+.
Reply 2
Original post by lolol9689
It really depends on what courses you are looking to do and the grammar school's requirements, no one can really tell if you'll be accepted or not as every Sixth Form is different. Check the Sixth Form's website on entry requirements and what the minimum grade you'll need for maths is. If you are looking to take A-Level Mathematics most Sixth Form's usually want a grade 6/7+.

I am certain I can obtain a good grade as in practice papers i've been getting grades 7's mainly, however if the grammar 6th forms found out that I was first doing foundation before switching to the higher papers, would this make them reconsider giving me an interview, even if my personal statement and teacher reference was great?

Quick Reply

Latest