MSc Computing - Imperial College London 2022-2023 Applicants

Watch this thread
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi guys just wondering for those applying for the MSc conversion in Computing for the 2022/23 admission:

1. When are you planning to apply
2. What is your bachelor's degree
3. Do you have any programming experience
cvgk
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
1-I did already Msc computer science
2-mechanical engineering
3- I have limited programming experience
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by cvgk)
1-I did already Msc computer science
2-mechanical engineering
3- I have limited programming experience
Hi cvgk thanks for your input on this. Could you please expand more on your programming experience, was it personal projects or an internship and did it take up a majority of your personal statement. Thanks!
lalalala13
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
1. When are you planning to apply: I applied mid-November for MSc Computing
2. What is your bachelor's degree: Physics
3. Do you have any programming experience: 4 years of Python
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by lalalala13)
1. When are you planning to apply: I applied mid-November for MSc Computing
2. What is your bachelor's degree: Physics
3. Do you have any programming experience: 4 years of Python
Have you heard back yet? I applied end of November
lalalala13
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Have you heard back yet? I applied end of November
Nope, I hope we hear back in the next few weeks
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
Anything yet for anyone? I think admissions are open again
lalalala13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Still haven't heard anything
lalalala13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I got an offer today for Computing! Good luck to everyone applying
(References uploaded by 17/11/2021)
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
Any luck to anyone else? Still waiting.. onto my 10th week..
Quirky Object
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Do you guys reckon it's too late to apply now?

Edit: applied w references on Feb 6th!

1. When are you planning to apply - done
2. What is your bachelor's degree - Linguistics @ Cambridge (first in my first 2 years, 3rd year in progress)
3. Do you have any programming experience - decent Python (did a Python lab in one of my modules last year and am also doing an ML project in Python for my undergrad thesis) and messed around with GDScript a bit in my free time lol, idk any C++ though and it seems like that's the course language
Last edited by Quirky Object; 3 months ago
its_tonywu
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
1. When are you planning to apply - Application completed on 10 Dec, sent to DoC on 14 Dec, still waiting
2. What is your bachelor's degree - IT+Business BSc at UCL, 3rd year, expected First
3. Do you have any programming experience - A few years of dev experience (frontend, backend, machine learning, data science), internships at Amazon and Microsoft as Engineer

Fingers cross 🤞 Good luck guys
Auber123
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by its_tonywu)
1. When are you planning to apply - Application completed on 10 Dec, sent to DoC on 14 Dec, still waiting
2. What is your bachelor's degree - IT+Business BSc at UCL, 3rd year, expected First
3. Do you have any programming experience - A few years of dev experience (frontend, backend, machine learning, data science), internships at Amazon and Microsoft as Engineer

Are you applying to advanced computing or the introduction course?
its_tonywu
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Auber123)
Are you applying to advanced computing or the introduction course?
introductory
Quirky Object
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
introductory
Hmm if you've been a SWE at multiple FAANG companies surely you have the knowledge for the advanced course? Esp when it comes to algorithms and such (and esp if you've done internships in a bunch of different areas, as you have)?
its_tonywu
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Quirky Object)
Hmm if you've been a SWE at multiple FAANG companies surely you have the knowledge for the advanced course? Esp when it comes to algorithms and such (and esp if you've done internships in a bunch of different areas, as you have)?
I didn’t work as SDE but instead QAE and Support Engineer, I kind of taught myself algo and data structure and stuff for me to pass the code interview, which is beyond my current curriculum (more IT focused than CS focused). So I wouldn’t say I have met the prerequisites for ACS. Essentially my rationale is to receive formal training in CS to better prepare me for working in the field and to satisfy my own academic curiosity lol. Anyways, fingers crossed for it 🤞and I wish you good luck if you are applying as well
Nikonikox
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
1. When are you planning to apply - applied on 31/01 inc documents and references.
2. What is your bachelor's degree- Aeronautical Engineering
3. Do you have any programming experience- 4 years of MATLAB and Python, Did a python programming internship last summer
Quirky Object
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I didn’t work as SDE but instead QAE and Support Engineer, I kind of taught myself algo and data structure and stuff for me to pass the code interview, which is beyond my current curriculum (more IT focused than CS focused). So I wouldn’t say I have met the prerequisites for ACS. Essentially my rationale is to receive formal training in CS to better prepare me for working in the field and to satisfy my own academic curiosity lol. Anyways, fingers crossed for it 🤞and I wish you good luck if you are applying as well
Ahh fair enough! Well I'm sure you're an extremely strong candidate if you've already demonstrated that you can self-teach algo/data structure stuff to such a high level. Good luck to you too!!
its_tonywu
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

Just got an offer (10 Feb)! Precisely 8 weeks from application confirmation, discounting the Christmas holiday. Thank you so much and I wish all of you the best of luck with your applications! See you in South Ken : )
Nikonikox
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Just got an offer (10 Feb)! Precisely 8 weeks from application confirmation, discounting the Christmas holiday. Thank you so much and I wish all of you the best of luck with your applications! See you in South Ken : )
What was the offer?

Congrats
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (22)
20.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
11.32%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (7)
6.6%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (18)
16.98%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (24)
22.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
21.7%

Watched Threads