SQA Results Day 2021 - Discussion and Help

Watch this thread
Poll: Now that it's official...Did you get the SQA results you wanted?
Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (5)
21.74%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (14)
60.87%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (4)
17.39%
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
SQA Results Day 2021 is here!

Everyone will receive results by post, and if you've signed up to mySQA, you should receive a text or email from SQA on or just after 8am on results day.

It's been a tricky year, so no matter what results you get today, well done on getting through it - exams are not the be all and end all :hugs:

This is the place for all things results day, so whether you just want to chat to some other students, have some questions about results day, or you need any help or advice about your results & what to do next, TSR is here to help

Here's some starters...
  • What subjects/levels did you study?
  • How do you feel about your results?
  • Are you changing your plans now that you have officially received your results?
  • What's next for you - moving up a year, college, apprenticeship, uni, something else?

Other SQA Results Threads and Useful Articles

Last edited by Labrador99; 1 year ago
Labrador99
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Morning everyone :wavey: Hope everyone managed to get some sleep, though not long to go now! How are you all doing?
StudentForSQA
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Morning!
Sadly I forgot to register for mySQA just like last year............
That means I’ll receive my results within the next 7 hours. However it doesn’t really matter since I know my provisional results anyways.
I got AAAAC.
A’s in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Business.
C in English (it was a C band 5 meaning a high C which means I was only 4 or less marks away from a B!!!!!!!!!!!!, I really wanted a B).
I’m happy with my results overall.
I’m not gonna change my plans if these are the results I get and that means I’m still gonna do Pharmacy or Optometry.
Next year (technically this year) I’ll be doing Advanced Chemistry, advanced Physics and Higher Human Biology. I’m hoping to achieve AB at advanced higher (with A in chemistry and B in physics) and an A in higher human biology (AAB). These are my minimum targets and expectations. My maximum targets and expectations are obviously AAA.
username4490612
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey, so I woke up meh results day, not the same as last year or 2 years ago :/ but I am proud of my grades
username4490612
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Higher
Computer science - A
Physics - A
Spanish - A
English - C

Nat 5
Maths - A
Applications of maths - C (honestly I don’t care about it, I found it harder than normal maths)

Now since I left school, I will be doing higher maths and computer games course (level 6) then reapply to university for 2022 entry
Last edited by username4490612; 1 year ago
StudentForSQA
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kubsyy)
Higher
Computer science - A
Physics - A
Spanish - A
English - C

Nat 5
Maths - A
Applications of maths - C (honestly I don’t care about it, I found it harder than normal maths)

Now since I left school, I will be doing higher maths and computer games course (level 6) then reapply to university for 2022 entry
Wow you got an A in higher computing science!
I consider myself good at maths and physics but I could never do computing science. I’ve seen it’s past papers and I literally can’t script at all. In 1st year of high school we had to make a game in this app called scratch and I couldn’t code anything at all lol. And wow congrats on your A in Spanish, I never studied for my Spanish unit assessment Nat five level in 3rd year and got a C as I already had plans on dropping it. But wow you’ve got really amazing results!
Last edited by StudentForSQA; 1 year ago
Labrador99
Rep:
Hey, so I woke up meh results day, not the same as last year or 2 years ago :/ but I am proud of my grades
So pleased to hear you are proud of your grades, congratulations!!

This one definitely has a different vibe - makes the days of texts/emails sent out from midnight (pre-2016) seem bizarre in comparison :lol:

What's next for you Kubsyy?
Labrador99
Rep:
Higher
Computer science - A
Physics - A
Spanish - A
English - C

Nat 5
Maths - A

:woo: That's an awesome set of grades! Good luck with your course! :rave:
username4490612
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
StudentForSQAThank you I didn’t know that I would get that high to be honest especially with lockdown January-April where I was motivated but then I gradually started to become lazy and not wanting to do work

Yeah Scratch is a bit weird and didn’t get it at all, I had a friend who did 3D graphics on scratch lol and I even watched him when we had computing classes ;p

Spanish is one of my favourite subjects and I remember my teacher gave me 27/30 for speaking and 16/20 for writing and then it was sent to another school for marking and then they were all bumped up to full markings, I was hella shocked

But again good luck with your Advanced highers, I heard they are really fun to do I wish I’ve done one.
Last edited by username4490612; 1 year ago
username4490612
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
:woo: That's an awesome set of grades! Good luck with your course! :rave:
Thank you Labrador it was nice speaking to you since I joined TSR
Labrador99
Rep:
(Original post by StudentForSQA)
Morning!
Sadly I forgot to register for mySQA just like last year............
That means I’ll receive my results within the next 7 hours. However it doesn’t really matter since I know my provisional results anyways.
I got AAAAC.
A’s in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Business.
C in English (it was a C band 5 meaning a high C which means I was only 4 or less marks away from a B!!!!!!!!!!!!, I really wanted a B).
I’m happy with my results overall.
I’m not gonna change my plans if these are the results I get and that means I’m still gonna do Pharmacy or Optometry.
Next year (technically this year) I’ll be doing Advanced Chemistry, advanced Physics and Higher Human Biology. I’m hoping to achieve AB at advanced higher (with A in chemistry and B in physics) and an A in higher human biology (AAB). These are my minimum targets and expectations. My maximum targets and expectations are obviously AAA.
Congratulations on your results! :yay: Sounds like a solid plan for the next couple of years - here's hoping for a less disrupted year for you all
StudentForSQA
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Congratulations on your results! :yay: Sounds like a solid plan for the next couple of years - here's hoping for a less disrupted year for you all
Yes the year was so unusual. My English teacher taught us Jekyll and Hyde chapter 10 in 1 day during lockdown and it was for like 1 hour only, chapter 10 has like the most pages in the book and the passage that came up in the exam was 1 page from chapter 10. I was hoping it would’ve been a passage we learnt in class rather than at home during online learning. Hoping next year these things won’t happen.
Labrador99
Rep:
(Original post by StudentForSQA)
Yes the year was so unusual. My English teacher taught us Jekyll and Hyde chapter 10 in 1 day during lockdown and it was for like 1 hour only, chapter 10 has like the most pages in the book and the passage that came up in the exam was 1 page from chapter 10. I was hoping it would’ve been a passage we learnt in class rather than at home during online learning. Hoping next year these things won’t happen.
Definitely don't envy all of the extra challenges you (or the teachers) had to get to here...Getting through the year and persevering with everything to keep working towards your grades is an achievement in itself this year especially!
username4490612
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Anyone got the text/email btw? I know last year it was really annoying waiting aswell :/
Labrador99
Rep:
Anyone got the text/email btw? I know last year it was really annoying waiting aswell :/
Can remember you needing to wait ages last year! Hopefully it arrives soon for that added peace of mind
Labrador99
Rep:
Data for SQA Exams Published

As of 9:30, the SQA has published the data for SQA attainment this year (link contains full attainment data). Overall, pass rates (A-C grades) are down on 2020's revised (post overturn of the algorithm) attainment, but still considerably higher than in 2019.

Key figures:
  • A-C attainment rate for National 5 – 85.8% (2020 – 89.0%)
  • A-C attainment rate at Higher – 87.3% (2020 – 89.3%)
  • A-C attainment rate at Advanced Higher – 90.2% (2020 – 93.1%)
  • Overall entries for National 2 to National 5, Higher, Advanced Higher and Skills for Work courses increased by 8,201 to 660,661.
Last edited by Labrador99; 1 year ago
Labrador99
Rep:
Data for SQA Exams Published

As of 9:30, the SQA have published the data for SQA attainment this year. Overall, pass rates (A-C grades) are down on 2020's revised (post overturn of the algorithm) attainment, but still considerably higher than in 2019.

Key figures:
  • A-C attainment rate for National 5 – 85.8% (2020 – 89.0%)
  • A-C attainment rate at Higher – 87.3% (2020 – 89.3%)
  • A-C attainment rate at Advanced Higher – 90.2% (2020 – 93.1%)
  • Overall entries for National 2 to National 5, Higher, Advanced Higher and Skills for Work courses increased by 8,201 to 660,661.
Evil Homer :wavey: Might be of interest
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Evil Homer :wavey: Might be of interest
Oooh thank you very much
BlackLab
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Just completed S5 Higher Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English and French

Postman just been and grades now in print, after the postcode down grade scandal (resolved) admin errors (1 resolved, one unresolved due to school error/fault - they accepted responsibility for) and 3 versions of a certificate which in the end still wasn't right last year it is just a relief to see highers in print, correct first time, but unfortunately also seeing that NAT5 admin error there as a blot on the certificate again ☹️. I know it shouldnt matter, it is only NAT5, but it is in a subject that is important to me.

Now the wait is to see if the 2021 grade statistics and/or media devalue my hard won grades by reporting any significant grade inflation.

S6 now - 2AH Maths/Physics, Crash H Geography and H PE. Applying for mechanical engineering for 2022 entry.
BlackLab
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Overall, pass rates (A-C grades) are down on 2020's revised (post overturn of the algorithm) attainment, but still considerably higher than in 2019.
☹️ there goes the value of my 5As ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️. Will go and check in excel later how bad it is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads