The Student Room Group

A levels and grade inflation due to pandemic

Has the grade inflation made it harder to win a place at a top university? Are universities asking for higher grades than normal to counter this issue?
You'll see later don't worry.
Reply 2
This will have a knock on effect for the grades top employers will ask for, for this years and last year?
Original post by StarLinyx
This will have a knock on effect for the grades top employers will ask for, for this years and last year?

Most employers don’t look at A level grades
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Most employers don’t look at A level grades

Top employers do (i.e. JP Morgan, Travers Smith, Eton College etc.).
Top employers do (i.e. JP Morgan, Travers Smith, Eton College etc.).

Not for all jobs. And maybe not in 3-4 years time.

(And whether those employers are really offering the “best” jobs is massively subjective)
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Not for all jobs. And maybe not in 3-4 years time.

(And whether those employers are really offering the “best” jobs is massively subjective)

I am interested primarily in grade inflation knock on effects for elite employers looking at CVs of students with inflated A/A* grades in the coming years.
I am interested primarily in grade inflation knock on effects for elite employers looking at CVs of students with inflated A/A* grades in the coming years.

Your OP was about universities.

If you’re interested in what a small group of employers will do then why not ask them directly?

Even these employers primarily use A-levels to help them filter applicants.

You career ambitions may change over the next 3-4 years, and regardless, you'll need a good degree to be employable. So I'd strongly suggest focusing on that, rather than worrying about what may happen in the future.

IF, in 4 years time, these employers decide A-levels aren't a useful filter, they'll still need to employ people, so they will work out a way of doing that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending