The Student Room Group

will the uni ask for my clearing number if i call them about asking for a place?

applying for law with criminology at swansea for next month. UCAS application isn’t ready, waiting on people at school, should i call UCAS first asking them to put my application through without a reference or go straight to see if the uni has places/will accept my grades? or is it likely they will need a clearing number - something i don’t yet have
Yes it's likely they will ask for your Clearing number so they can look at your application.

If you don't have a UCAS application, or it's still being processed, some unis may still speak to you, and there are ways they can offer you a place, but it will limit your choice of unis.

I'd explain the situation when you call unis, and see what they say. If one knocks you back, keep trying.

Also, I believe that UCAS can make your application "live" without a reference if that's what you're waiting for
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by koorgan
applying for law with criminology at swansea for next month. UCAS application isn’t ready, waiting on people at school, should i call UCAS first asking them to put my application through without a reference or go straight to see if the uni has places/will accept my grades? or is it likely they will need a clearing number - something i don’t yet have

Hello, how are you? :smile:

On the day you'll need:

Details of your qualifications and your results
Your contact details we'll need your address, phone number and email address
Your UCAS personal ID number
A notepad and pen

Good luck! :smile:

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending