The Student Room Group

30 y/o 'pretty' female wanting a relationship - apps?

I recently got out of a 4 year relationship. I'm often told I'm pretty/ beautiful etc (of course this is subjective) and I am athletic...I have decent personality traits and a good education - could be further along in my career but I'm working on it.

I can be quite picky, but this would be my life partner so I feel I have every right to be lol. I'm just wondering what the best apps would be for me to find someone mature and looking for marriage. People always say I appear younger....I'm young at heart and get told I look 20/21. So I guess I could date someone two years younger than me, up to about three years older.

Would really appreciate any suggestions as I'm beginning to feel like I'm going to be left on the shelf.
Reply 1
Thanks. So before my previous relationship, I often went out and to bars etc. I often got attention, but I never know how to respond to that. I also didn't know if the men had partners, and I feel like it's a bit odd being chatted up on the street/in a bar. I do find myself regretting being so unwelcoming, but I'd always heard it's best to find someone through friends and not just randomly... is this the case?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks. So before my previous relationship, I often went out and to bars etc. I often got attention, but I never know how to respond to that. I also didn't know if the men had partners, and I feel like it's a bit odd being chatted up on the street/in a bar. I do find myself regretting being so unwelcoming, but I'd always heard it's best to find someone through friends and not just randomly... is this the case?

Everybody's different. What works for some won't work for others.

Put yourself out there and see what happens.
When did the relationship end?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Drewski
Everybody's different. What works for some won't work for others.

Put yourself out there and see what happens.

Ok. So should I have really taken the chance back then?
Reply 5
would you say they are open to being approached on the street/ in a bar?
Reply 6
As a 30 y/o single female, I'm often told I'm very attractive and I am athletic too. Decent personality & education.

A few years ago I lived in a big city, but perhaps I didn't have the self confidence. I remember 4 occasions where I saw attractive men that kept looking at me -once in a lift in my apartment block, once on public transport and the other two occasions I was on a date (that obv didn't work out) and there were a group of men in the bar that kept looking at me, and a guy on a street couldn't take his eyes off me either.

The last two occasions I couldn't do much as I was on a date. But I wished I wasn't. I do regret not being welcoming - these guys probably felt they couldn't talk to me. I also wonder what I could do in future? I was actually thinking of going back to this city and going out one night but I don't really have anyone to go with... is it weird to go out on my own?
Thanks
No it's not, just try to go out on your own. Who cares if it's weird?
Reply 8
No it's not, just try to go out on your own. Who cares if it's weird?

Should I go in to bars and just sit on my own?
Should I go in to bars and just sit on my own?

Sure, you can try that. Though you can approach men who happen to sit alone. If you do attempt to sit alone maybe some guy will approach you, and you can attempt to chat.
Reply 10
I recently got out of a 4 year relationship. I'm often told I'm pretty/ beautiful etc (of course this is subjective) and I am athletic...I have decent personality traits and a good education - could be further along in my career but I'm working on it.

I can be quite picky, but this would be my life partner so I feel I have every right to be lol. I'm just wondering what the best apps would be for me to find someone mature and looking for marriage. People always say I appear younger....I'm young at heart and get told I look 20/21. So I guess I could date someone two years younger than me, up to about three years older.

Would really appreciate any suggestions as I'm beginning to feel like I'm going to be left on the shelf.

Mssg me
Best to avoid dating apps & most online dating sites, mostly people looking for hookups or casual relationships. :smile:
What type of relationship dealbreakers and future ambitions for the next 2-5 years do you have?
why?

Quick Reply

Latest