!! URGENT !! can I be a dietician without chemistry?

Watch this thread
Jenny123450
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I want to work towards being a pediatric dietician, I have a school i'd like to attend for A levels but I wouldn't be able to do chemistry there. Do you know anyone who has managed to get onto a dietetics course without chemistry? (only grade 5 at GCSE level) is it okay to take biology, psychology and sociology for A level or do I need to go to another school and take chemistry A level? What would you recommend?Thank you,Jenny
Last edited by Jenny123450; 9 months ago
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Jenny123450)
I want to work towards being a pediatric dietician, I have a school i'd like to attend for A levels but I wouldn't be able to do chemistry there. Do you know anyone who has managed to get onto a dietetics course without chemistry? (only grade 5 at GCSE level) is it okay to take biology, psychology and sociology for A level or do I need to go to another school and take chemistry A level? What would you recommend?Thank you,Jenny
Hey Jenny123450,

I noticed your post on the official dietetics chat 2021 and saw this!

It's great to hear you're interested in wanting to be a Paediatric Dietitian! In response to your question, yes, you're able to study Dietetics without A-Level Chemistry. Below I have narrowed down your options for you as to where you could choose to study - have a look and see what interests you!

Universities offering Dietetics sans A-Level Chemistry (in England):

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions regarding the course let me know

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Jenny123450
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors)
Hey Jenny123450,

I noticed your post on the official dietetics chat 2021 and saw this!

It's great to hear you're interested in wanting to be a Paediatric Dietitian! In response to your question, yes, you're able to study Dietetics without A-Level Chemistry. Below I have narrowed down your options for you as to where you could choose to study - have a look and see what interests you!

Universities offering Dietetics sans A-Level Chemistry (in England):

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions regarding the course let me know

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Thank you so much that is great, I've been making lists of all the different uni requirements too. I don't want to regret not taking it, would you say it is still advisable to take Chemistry or does it not matter?

thank you for all your help xx
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Jenny123450)
Thank you so much that is great, I've been making lists of all the different uni requirements too. I don't want to regret not taking it, would you say it is still advisable to take Chemistry or does it not matter?

thank you for all your help xx
Hey Jenny123450,

If you're interested in the universities that do not offer A-Level Chemistry and the universities confirm that A-Level Chemistry is not compulsory, then it doesn't matter whether you take Chemistry.
From my experience, there are elements of Chemistry on the course, but it is nothing difficult and is not strictly Chemistry as what you will learn in relation to nutrition.
I advise contacting the universities you're interested in for clarification if you're still unsure about taking whether or not to take Chemistry.

I hope this helps.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the exam go for you?

Great! (3)
7.89%
Quite well (19)
50%
Not so good (11)
28.95%
Terrible! (5)
13.16%

Watched Threads