The Student Room Group

Go thorough Clearing or resit exams Autumn/Summer

I can't fathom how I ended up in this position, I was predicted BBB to study Law and today I just received my results CDD, these results are just appalling and with these grades, I don't even think I can apply through clearing for Law. So I was thinking of resitting my exams however I don't know much about this matter. I need urgent help regarding what I should do at the moment. Thanks.
Original post by Honeykki_16
I can't fathom how I ended up in this position, I was predicted BBB to study Law and today I just received my results CDD, these results are just appalling and with these grades, I don't even think I can apply through clearing for Law. So I was thinking of resitting my exams however I don't know much about this matter. I need urgent help regarding what I should do at the moment. Thanks.

I recommend that you enter Clearing to see what you can see being offered. You can always decide to resit your exams if you can't find a course you are interested in.
Another option is appealing?

@SarcAndSpark any info about how resits will work?
There are autumn resits in all subjects. These must be done at the exam centre where you "sat" your exams this summer.

I believe they are being treated as a first sitting for uni entry.

I think there will be very limited clearing spaces for law at any uni unfortunately.
You wont get anywhere decent for Law with those grades.

Ask you school about resitting - and spend the next year doing some serious work.
You can raise those grades if you want to do it badly enough.
You have had the wake-up call - now you have to act on it.

Hi @Honeykki_16

We are sorry to hear you aren't happy with your results. We would recommend that you either still enter Clearing because you can still decide at a later date to resit your exams if don't find another course you'd like to study. If this is the case then put in some hard work over the summer and next year with your revision for your exams.

Best of luck - Chloe

Hi honeykki_16,
If you are wanting to study Law, the Uni of Hull does not have set entry requirements and will consider work experience as well as grades (I received a high first in Law there and genuinely cannot praise their law department highly enough). I would definitely recommend giving Hull and other Universities a call (Hull-01482 466100) to see whether you can get any offers, so at least you can make a more informed decision as to whether to ask your school about re-sitting or take a clearing place. On a side note, whilst you are disappointed, try not to worry too much. Disappointments happen but you will work it out one way or another, and as a bonus will end up with an excellent interview question answer about showing resilience in the process.
Hope this helps, best of luck.
Lizzy, Student ambassador
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by PhoenixFortune
I recommend that you enter Clearing to see what you can see being offered. You can always decide to resit your exams if you can't find a course you are interested in.

Thanks for responding, I have already checked through Clearing and still checking but was not able to find the course which I wanted to study.
Reply 8
Original post by SarcAndSpark
There are autumn resits in all subjects. These must be done at the exam centre where you "sat" your exams this summer.

I believe they are being treated as a first sitting for uni entry.

I think there will be very limited clearing spaces for law at any uni unfortunately.

Thank you, I was wondering what the unis would think about these resits.
Thank you, I was wondering what the unis would think about these resits.

The unis should judge your resits as a first sit IF you do them in November, so these results shouldn't affect you.
Please, everyone - ignore all the posts from Unis telling you how amazing their courses are and why dont you call them.
Not helpful at this stage, and if they have to resort to TSR to fill their courses - ask yourself why.
Original post by McGinger
You wont get anywhere decent for Law with those grades.

Ask you school about resitting - and spend the next year doing some serious work.
You can raise those grades if you want to do it badly enough.
You have had the wake-up call - now you have to act on it.

Thanks, I really needed an honest answer, I have informed my school about my situation and they have said I can resit the autumn exam. But I was wondering which one of these (autumn or summer resit) I should prepare for?
Thanks, I really needed an honest answer, I have informed my school about my situation and they have said I can resit the autumn exam. But I was wondering which one of these (autumn or summer resit) I should prepare for?

Either way you will have to do the entire exam syllabus - the exam wont just cover the bits of the course your school managed to cover.
If you can, do the entire year so you have time to do it properly - work your socks off and get the grade you want.
Original post by McGinger
Either way you will have to do the entire exam syllabus - the exam wont just cover the bits of the course your school managed to cover.
If you can, do the entire year so you have time to do it properly - work your socks off and get the grade you want.

Thanks, noted.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
The unis should judge your resits as a first sit IF you do them in November, so these results shouldn't affect you.

Oh ok, that makes sense, thanks for clarifying.
Most Unis don't care about resits.
Ones asking BBB certainly won't.
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi honeykki_16,
If you are wanting to study Law, the Uni of Hull does not have set entry requirements and will consider work experience as well as grades (I received a high first in Law there and genuinely cannot praise their law department highly enough). I would definitely recommend giving Hull and other Universities a call (Hull-01482 466100) to see whether you can get any offers, so at least you can make a more informed decision as to whether to ask your school about re-sitting or take a clearing place. On a side note, whilst you are disappointed, try not to worry too much. Disappointments happen but you will work it out one way or another, and as a bonus will end up with an excellent interview question answer about showing resilience in the process.
Hope this helps, best of luck.
Lizzy, Student ambassador

Thank you so much, I will note this.
Original post by Solent University, Southampton
Hi @Honeykki_16

We are sorry to hear you aren't happy with your results. We would recommend that you either still enter Clearing because you can still decide at a later date to resit your exams if don't find another course you'd like to study. If this is the case then put in some hard work over the summer and next year with your revision for your exams.

Best of luck - Chloe

Thank you for reaching out to me, I will try my best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending