A level resits?

Watch this thread
rioslater2569
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi, I want to resit my A-level maths and I'm thinking the autumn resits but my school have given no information about it so I have just a *few* questions I was hoping you could help me out with. Thanks in advance.

1) Do I need to ring my school about resitting or contact someone else?
2) Should I do it on results day/ASAP or wait until school goes back in September?
3) Should I get in touch with my maths teacher directly and speak to her about wanting to resit?
4) If I chose to resit at the school I went to, will I have to pay or will the school cover it?
5) Does anyone know when we would probably get our results from the resits?
6) If worse case scenario I fail again, I know I'd have to cover it myself, but is their a limit I'm allowed to resit?
7) If I chose to resit in Summer instead of Autumn, would the school still cover it?
8) Are they still taking the highest grade achieved if you chose to resit or the lowest or provide both?
9) Is it true that typically its easier to achieve grades in the autumn exams/resits or is that a myth?
10) If I did resit and pass, would anyone know it was a resit or that I failed first time round?

Sorry for so many questions! The school has given absolutely no information about it so any help is appreciated
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by rioslater2569)
Hi, I want to resit my A-level maths and I'm thinking the autumn resits but my school have given no information about it so I have just a *few* questions I was hoping you could help me out with. Thanks in advance.

1) Do I need to ring my school about resitting or contact someone else?
2) Should I do it on results day/ASAP or wait until school goes back in September?
3) Should I get in touch with my maths teacher directly and speak to her about wanting to resit?
4) If I chose to resit at the school I went to, will I have to pay or will the school cover it?
5) Does anyone know when we would probably get our results from the resits?
6) If worse case scenario I fail again, I know I'd have to cover it myself, but is their a limit I'm allowed to resit?
7) If I chose to resit in Summer instead of Autumn, would the school still cover it?
8) Are they still taking the highest grade achieved if you chose to resit or the lowest or provide both?
9) Is it true that typically its easier to achieve grades in the autumn exams/resits or is that a myth?
10) If I did resit and pass, would anyone know it was a resit or that I failed first time round?

Sorry for so many questions! The school has given absolutely no information about it so any help is appreciated
1) Yes your school is the place to start
2) I'd do it ASAP, a lot of schools will close between GCSE results on Tuesday and September with minimum staff so better to find out if there's anything you need to do now rather than rushing for the early September entry deadline (your school deadline may be earlier)
3) The important person to contact is likely your exams officer, but you can contact your maths teacher if you want advice etc. too
4) I *think* your school should pay, but I may be misremembering
5) Results are released on the 16th December
6) You can resit as many times as you want, but as you say you'll have to pay
7) I think it's unlikely they'd cover it if you resat in the summer instead, but it will depend on the school
8) If you resit in the autumn it should be the highest, in the summer you'll get both
9)That's a myth
10) Depends if it's an autumn exam or summer
ważzer
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Not all schools will be the same but I can answer based on how it was for me last year:
1) Ring the school, they should have procedures in place. Teachers aren't the ones who organise the resits.
2) ASAP is best, if there's a more official channel to go through they will direct you there.
3) Reception is best.
4) School is required to cover it, but they may ask for a deposit so they don't operate at a loss if you don't show up.
5) Last year it was late December, should be the same this year.
6) Twice I think. But these exams don't count as a resit, they count as a first sitting.
7) No, and they may not allow you to sit it there either.
8) I believe so.
9) Grade boundaries reflect proportions of those who achieved grades in the summer. AKA, it's easier.
10) You must declare all grades, but unis aren't allowed to discriminate based on them. So if you got a B and then an A, unis must act as if the B doesn't exist despite knowing it does.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (94)
20.17%
The paper was reasonable (178)
38.2%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.54%
It was TERRIBLE (75)
16.09%

Watched Threads