The Student Room Group

kings college london conditional offer 2022

Hi guys,

So I did an access course and I got 15 distinctions and 24 merits and 6 passes, i was meant to get 30 distinctions and 12 merits and 3 passes. However, due to serious mitigating circumstances I was not able to achieve the conditional offer originally made which lead to Kings rejecting me.

They emailed me saying they can offer me a "guaranteed conditional offer for 2022 entry" if I apply again in september. I tried to email back as I dont understand, do they want me to re done the exams again or what? as I already took out a advanced learner loan and won't be able to do that again because it will cut funding from my degree.

So I am really confused and would appreciate if someone can help me out with some suggestions as to what I should do.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Insatiable1-1
Hi guys,

So I did an access course and I got 15 distinctions and 24 merits and 6 passes, i was meant to get 30 distinctions and 12 merits and 3 passes. However, due to serious mitigating circumstances I was not able to achieve the conditional offer originally made which lead to Kings rejecting me.

They emailed me saying they can offer me a "guaranteed conditional offer for 2022 entry" if I apply again in september. I tried to email back as I dont understand, do they want me to re done the exams again or what? as I already took out a advanced learner loan and won't be able to do that again because it will cut funding from my degree.

So I am really confused and would appreciate if someone can help me out with some suggestions as to what I should do.

Hello!
You should voice your concerns and ask for clarifications. Please contact our Admissions team via the King's Apply portal as only they can confirm your options: apply.kcl.ac.uk

Agnija
Year 3 Neuroscience
Student Ambassador at King's College London
Hi guys,

They want you to meet the original conditions. But it is not like you can resit an access course, perhaps do another one? You are allowed up to four advanced learner loans. (I believe)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Agnija
Hello!
You should voice your concerns and ask for clarifications. Please contact our Admissions team via the King's Apply portal as only they can confirm your options: apply.kcl.ac.uk

Agnija
Year 3 Neuroscience

Hi, I have emailed then but they haven't response

Original post by random_matt
They want you to meet the original conditions. But it is not like you can resit an access course, perhaps do another one? You are allowed up to four advanced learner loans. (I believe)

but wouldn't that affect my actual student finance when i want to study a degree for 4 years? someone told from my college that it removes funding from your actual degree
(edited 2 years ago)

idk if you saw what I said just now but basically someone told me that you can only take it once as it will be written off and if not then it counts as one year taken from student finance and your overall degree funding
Hi, I have emailed then but they haven't response

but wouldn't that affect my actual student finance when i want to study a degree for 4 years? someone told from my college that it removes funding from your actual degree

No it doesn't, someone is telling you porkies.

Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advanced Learner Loan balances you owe for an Access to HE course once you complete a higher education course. This means you do not have to repay it.
Original post by Agnija
Hello!

Agnija
Year 3 Neuroscience

I have emailed then regarding this, I know they are busy but I also do not want to miss out on clearing options
No it doesn't, someone is telling you porkies.

Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advanced Learner Loan balances you owe for an Access to HE course once you complete a higher education course. This means you do not have to repay it.

yeah but if I take out another loan and not go uni instead to another access course then doesnt that not get written off?
I have emailed then regarding this, I know they are busy but I also do not want to miss out on clearing options

Number of loans you can get
You can apply for up to 4 loans and you can get more than one at the same time.

You can apply for another loan to take the same level of a course, for example the same level qualification in History if you’ve already had a loan for the same level in Maths.

You can only apply once for an Access to Higher Education course.

It would have to be A-Levels.
(edited 2 years ago)
Number of loans you can get
You can apply for up to 4 loans and you can get more than one at the same time.

You can apply for another loan to take the same level of a course, for example the same level qualification in History if you’ve already had a loan for the same level in Maths.

You can only apply once for an Access to Higher Education course.

It would have to be A-Levels.

so basically it is correct then? I cannot do another access course?
so basically it is correct then? I cannot do another access course?

Yes, I thought the four loans could be for anything multiple times. But any other Level three you can think of, A-Levels are a possibility.

Any other university you are interested in?
(edited 2 years ago)
Yes, I thought the four loans could be for anything multiple times. But any other Level three you can think of, A-Levels are a possibility.

Any other university you are interested in?

I really do not want to a levels as I did them first and second time and they really didn't end well for me.
idk why the uni offered a conditional offer when they knew the grades I got and I have already told them I cannot do the access course again.

I mean I could go brunel but alot of people are saying because its not a russel group uni, science degrees dont really do anything from those unis.
I want to go into research and I just do not want to waste time studying at a place that might not take me somewhere
I really do not want to a levels as I did them first and second time and they really didn't end well for me.
idk why the uni offered a conditional offer when they knew the grades I got and I have already told them I cannot do the access course again.

I mean I could go brunel but alot of people are saying because its not a russel group uni, science degrees dont really do anything from those unis.
I want to go into research and I just do not want to waste time studying at a place that might not take me somewhere

Research only matters at post-grad. You can also transfer after first year.
What's your subject? If Kings are being fussy then as random_matt suggests, I'd look at other universities as I'm sure you should find a decent alternative with those set of marks.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Nitebot
What's your subject? If Kings are being fussy then as random_matt suggests, I'd look at other universities as I'm sure you should find a decent alternative with those set of marks.

biomedical sciences or pharmacy. i really want to go into the industrial side of medical research
biomedical sciences or pharmacy. i really want to go into the industrial side of medical research

Just check clearing options.
Just check clearing options.

i have, i found brunel but im not which is a good uni
Try sheffield, Strathclyde, plenty of good universities to choose from.
Try sheffield, Strathclyde, plenty of good universities to choose from.

how about brunel? do you reckon its a good uni?
my grades match more there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending