The Student Room Group
What other A levels do you do?
Reply 2
Original post by tej3141
What other A levels do you do?

A Level Maths and my third subject is a diploma in creative media production (Film & TV) my modules for FM were Further Mechanics 1 and Decision 1
A B at AS is fine! I don't know why it wouldn't be. Plus if you were only left with 2 subjects at Level 3 that'd be unideal.
My AS results for further math was an A and I got a C.
The syllabus gets tougher than AS, it's up to you if you want to take the risk.
Got my results today, A*ABC (Math, Chem, Physics and Further)
Good luck to you!
I got my FM AS result as well today. Dont get me wrong its hard but a year from you'll be in a completely different place with your understanding of the topics. So i say go for it and take the full A level.
Reply 6
Original post by _gcx
A B at AS is fine! I don't know why it wouldn't be. Plus if you were only left with 2 subjects at Level 3 that'd be unideal.

No you don't understand I am essentially doing 5 Subjects:

Further Maths counts as 1
Maths counts as 1
Creative media production is an extended diploma so counts as 3
= 5
Original post by liamlarner

Maths counts as 1
= 5

how did you cope with the workload of 5 those subjects this year? A B in FM is decent but year 2 further maths is significantly harder
Reply 8
Original post by tej3141
how did you cope with the workload of 5 those subjects this year? A B in FM is decent but year 2 further maths is significantly harder

I Coped very well this year my creative media diploma was very easy my first year grade for that is a distinction which is worth a*a*a* at AS maths again I don't find it that hard which is often said to be a hard subject by other students I found it challenging but not hard Further maths I did find even more challenging the question is if I move forward with it the UCAS Tariff Points from my B disappears and the danger is what if I get a lower grade plus exams will probably return I thought it was quite easy and not as tough on me this year with my mocks as it would be with a real exam that's where the question is I do know I did FM1 and D1 this year but next year my college is moving to FP1 and FS1 so there will be a lot more content to learn plus core pure 2

Maths counts as 1
= 5

Ohhh this makes more sense. If you struggled with the workload this year then it might be a good option to drop FM. But a B obviously doesn't doom you to failure, it's quite a high passing grade!
I Coped very well this year my creative media diploma was very easy my first year grade for that is a distinction which is worth a*a*a* at AS maths again I don't find it that hard which is often said to be a hard subject by other students I found it challenging but not hard Further maths I did find even more challenging the question is if I move forward with it the UCAS Tariff Points from my B disappears and the danger is what if I get a lower grade plus exams will probably return I thought it was quite easy and not as tough on me this year with my mocks as it would be with a real exam that's where the question is I do know I did FM1 and D1 this year but next year my college is moving to FP1 and FS1 so there will be a lot more content to learn plus core pure 2

so your school is making you do FP1 and FS1?(I probably misunderstood that part). If you have only done core pure 1 so far, the workload next year for further maths will essentially be triple because you have to learn 3 more modules. Core pure 2 is definitely harder than core pure 1. FM1 is quite short and easy; there's one chapter that's relatively challenging. i haven't started FP1 yet but it looks around the same complexity of core pure 2, if not harder. so you should consider this but if you feel like you would cope well, then I'd say continue with FM
Reply 11
Which topics from as will be used in A2 further maths ?

Latest