I am going to Westminster

Watch this thread
shivam_47395
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I have got a place in Westminster to study Accounting. As a future student at Westminster, is there anything I should know about the university, such as personal tutor reputations, which modules to avoid and student experiences?
James-Uni of Westminster
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by shivam_47395)
I have got a place in Westminster to study Accounting. As a future student at Westminster, is there anything I should know about the university, such as personal tutor reputations, which modules to avoid and student experiences?
Hi there,

I graduated at the University of Westminster in 2020 after four years of study there and now work for the Course Enquiries Team here.
I studied Politics and was located at the Regent Street and Little Titchfield Street campus but here are some of my own personal experiences of the university and things you may want to know:

This was one of the main advantages that encouraged me to apply here. This is one of the most centrally located universities in London. Whether you are based at the Cavendish, Regent Street or Marylebone campus, you will always be within the heart of a bustling city that provides a unique backdrop to complete your degree. As you have a place for the Accounting course, you will be based at the Marylebone campus, you find this to be an easy location to get to. It is at Baker Street station and has five different underground lines that pass through it from every direction.

Campuses:
There are three main campuses in central London as well as a Law School situated near to Regent Street. Therefore, you can take advantage of all they have to offer. The campuses offer state of the art facilities including new libraries, break out areas, gyms, silent work rooms and interesting seminar rooms. I was located at the Regent Street campus for my course but would spend a lot of my time at the Little Titchfield Street Law School across the street due its silent library which helped me get a lot of work done. The Marylebone campus is one of the biggest buildings and has been redeveloped inside and offers brand new architecture studios and computer rooms.

Teaching:
In my experience, the tutors were also approachable, friendly, passionate and wanted to see you succeed. You are assigned a personal tutor who you can arrange one and one meetings with and talk with about any issues regarding your course. They will have offices within the campus that you can go to for drop in meetings during the day.
During my time at the university, the teachers in the department always went to an effort of holding Christmas parties, or end of year gatherings with food and drink.

Sport and Leisure:
Just a tube ride away from the center of London, there is are outdoor sports facilities located at the Quintin Hogg Memorial Sports Ground at Chiswick near the banks of the River Thames.
The extensive sports grounds can accommodate a wide range of sports, which include football, rugby, hockey, lacrosse, cricket, tennis, and netball. Additionally, the grounds include a pavilion with function rooms, bars, catering provision, extensive changing facilities and parking.

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads