The Student Room Group

Help, idk if my results are suitable

Hi, so I just received my A level results. I opened track first and saw that I got into my first choice uni with the course I wanted to do and was super happy. Now, I’ve just opened my results and I’ve seen that they aren’t what I had expected AT ALL. The lowest grade I got was for the subject that I wanted to continue into uni, now I’m unsure if I should continue this course as I barely passed it at A level… am I setting myself up for failure?! (I got higher in the other subjects… the ones I do not want to pursue :frown:

Someone guide me ahhhh
Well I mean at the end of the day - you passed, so you would probably be able to pass at university level - if you work hard
Congrats on getting into your first choice university btw!! :dancing2:
Original post by anonymousayyyy
Hi, so I just received my A level results. I opened track first and saw that I got into my first choice uni with the course I wanted to do and was super happy. Now, I’ve just opened my results and I’ve seen that they aren’t what I had expected AT ALL. The lowest grade I got was for the subject that I wanted to continue into uni, now I’m unsure if I should continue this course as I barely passed it at A level… am I setting myself up for failure?! (I got higher in the other subjects… the ones I do not want to pursue :frown:

Someone guide me ahhhh

Hi @anonymousayyyy,

Firstly, congrats on getting into your first choice uni. It's understandable that you're feeling unsure about your course and pursuing it at degree level. I wonder, are you able to reach out to your teacher to discuss it further? You might also find the link below useful which explores 'Am I going to be good enough for the next academic level?'. You'll also find great support and guidance from TSR 🙂

https://studentspace.org.uk/wellbeing/am-i-going-to-be-good-enough-for-the-next-academic-level

Take care,

Henry
Original post by AmIReallyHere
Well I mean at the end of the day - you passed, so you would probably be able to pass at university level - if you work hard
Congrats on getting into your first choice university btw!! :dancing2:

I passed but did better in the other subjects. Would it be a waste?! Thank you for your reply!!
If you enjoy your subject and think the course youre applying to sounds interesting I dont think it matters that you did worse in it. Theres no point doing something you enjoy less at uni and the grading system will all change.
Original post by anonymousayyyy

Someone guide me ahhhh

If the uni have accepted you, they think you are capable.

I wouldn't let results (which may not be fully accurate anyway) change your mind about what you want to do.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
If the uni have accepted you, they think you are capable.

I wouldn't let results (which may not be fully accurate anyway) change your mind about what you want to do.

thank you so much for reassuring me, really appreciate it!
Original post by Student Space_
Hi @anonymousayyyy,

Firstly, congrats on getting into your first choice uni. It's understandable that you're feeling unsure about your course and pursuing it at degree level. I wonder, are you able to reach out to your teacher to discuss it further? You might also find the link below useful which explores 'Am I going to be good enough for the next academic level?'. You'll also find great support and guidance from TSR 🙂

https://studentspace.org.uk/wellbeing/am-i-going-to-be-good-enough-for-the-next-academic-level

Take care,

Henry

thank you so much!! ill look into that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest